SS and healthy eating: Why avoid powdered milk?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
So I guess I shouldn't tell you that I eat raw eggs all the time? :gig

I had 3 raw duck eggs in an egg cream for breakfast made with cocoa powder and some sugar-free almond milk (chocolate flavored of course)...yummmmmm

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I will take back the :sick when the eggs are in something....like eggnog, or your chocolate egg cream, or meringue.... :drool

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I will take back the :sick when the eggs are in something....like eggnog, or your chocolate egg cream, or meringue.... :drool
Or your mayo? :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I hope that all my efforts to be ss and to eat the healthiest food I can get my hands on will mean you will never see the reading of my will! (Not that it is worth too much right now....) :D

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok - I skipped my coffee mate this morning. Corn syrup solids - I just couldn't do it.

So what do I use instead of white sugar in my coffee? Is the raw sugar any better?

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Inchworm,

Honey in coffee is supposed to be good. I wouldn't know myself. I don't drink it very often, but Mom said it's better than sugar. Also, she didn't use as much honey as she did sugar.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Try stevia, it is now available at a lot of regular grocery stores. Some people don't like the taste (I like it just fine, but I am not a coffee drinker, and I know for some people their coffee is sacred!) so you could also try agave syrup, which is still sugar, but has a lower glycemic index. The stevia will not impact your blood sugar or insulin levels, hence your metabolism.

If you cannot bear it (give yourself some time to get used to any new taste) then I would say to just have the sugar in your coffee and try to avoid it elsewhere in your life.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I hope that all my efforts to be ss and to eat the healthiest food I can get my hands on will mean you will never see the reading of my will! (Not that it is worth too much right now....) :D
Mee too. :thumbsup