Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One adult silkie has no issues. They are just very stubborn. They know how it works now as Ive seen them use it. They just dont like it.

They complain each spring when I take their water bowls and make them use the drinking cups as well. They cant get their heads into the drinking cups to wet down the crests. My large fowl prefer the cups except for in high heat when they get bowls as well to stand in.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do prefer the wide mouth quarts for meat. Otherwise most of my jars are regular mouth.

Most of the clear half gallons are used for dry goods. I use the amber ones for Kombucha now.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Going to have an early dinner with the youngest today, looking forward to it.

The son said the last fishing group headed home Thursday, just two moose hunters left in camp. He is so ready to be back in Ohio, even for just a little bit.

And in personal news, doc changed my meds almost completely off the BP meds
That is great news about your BP!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
That is great news about your
Going to have an early dinner with the youngest today, looking forward to it.

The son said the last fishing group headed home Thursday, just two moose hunters left in camp. He is so ready to be back in Ohio, even for just a little bit.

And in personal news, doc changed my meds almost completely off the BP meds
Completely surprised! My eldest and her hubby showed up we are at the baseball game!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Halfway through September already. Wow.

yes, this season has gone by very quickly. the cooler weather (once it gets here) makes it a lot easier to get the garden winter prep done as long as we can get enough breaks in the rains. some year's i've been able to get everything done before the snow starts flying and other years there are a few things that get left for spring.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The only species that looks anywhere similar is orange on the bottom and black on top. Doesn't have the same habbits, though, and I've never actually seen one here. No other one has any orange.

So freak mutation. Same as when they occasionally are black or even white. Happens in all creatures. I'm wondering how likely it is to pass the mutation on.

There's a skewbald deer that lives in the city down the hill. It had a skewbald fawn last year.
Oddly MOST of the new evergreen trees are just variants picked, pulled or cut off of a damaged/mutated tree. I know my numbers are wrong but I want to say the # of species has doubled many times in the last century.
They just took something wrong and kept growing it. Ex. a small yellow patch (not supposed to be there) on a tree grafted to make a new sub species.