Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Breakfast has ALWAYS been my best use for pie! Enjoy.

Not cooking, not going to a big "family" dinner (my ex), not eating huge meal. LOL I'm just cruising blissfully along.

Thankful to have all I need and am able to relax at my own little farm. I see everyone all week and they are all well fed. I and the critters are good with a quiet day at home.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The wife and I both were awake at 4:30 this morning. She was hungry for the first time in days, and I was hungry and wide awake. IHOP at 5:30. Lol. Turkey breast in the slow cooker. Quiet day today

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
sip, sip
Nice to come in and sit down with a cuppa for a while. I'm rearranging my Deep Pantry: pulling everything off the shelves and bolting the shelf units to the wall (which wasn't done when we put them in) and making sure all the glass jars have their little sock padding so they don't bang against each other if we have an earthquake. Covered the windows in there with foil too, to cut down on light coming in. This project is gonna take months- it's kinda like my project this summer: take one thing apart and move it, then fill it up again to make room for the next one. But I feel better with each part done. I will also be able to organize better by food type: proteins, veggies, fruits etc.

sip, sip

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I took Mom and Dad their presents early as we wont be down for Christmas. One of the items was a reacher. I had to order it. It's the same as the one I picked up at a local store a few years ago and is durable and will lift weight. They have been getting reachers at Harbor Freight and frankly they suck.

It was supposed to be for both of them, but once my hubby demonstrated just how easily it picked up a food can, Dad absconded with it. Mom says she's never going to see it again.

I've been laughing about it every time I remember. Mom sputtering and Dad rushing off to put it in a safe place.

My hubby also laughed and told me to go ahead and order them a second one. It was like watching my brothers when they were little.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's cold out....30 at wake up --- but brilliant sunshine!! Sure reflected off of the frosted "everything" this morning. My kitchen is on the SE corner of my house and the light was amazing. You just wanted to DO something. Then, outside into low 30s sure cooled the enthusiasm. LOL Chickens were out but but every one else was still in the warmer barns.

It will be hard to go to work today as I am "in the mood" to stay and work in the house. Alas, won't happen. 3rd load of laundry in dryer and I'll be leaving about 11 for work. I'll be feeding salsa and chips today...not real exciting but --- that's the demo assigned.

Have a new tablet to set up and wow -- I am NOT, NOT, NOT wanting to do this. I use it for work at both jobs and the old one just won't hold a charge anymore for more than a short, short time. Battery costs almost that of new unit. Sooooooo, new one. Sales this time of year made it feasible. It is a larger size screen, nice. I have to do reports from jobs and those questions can be hard to read on small devices. Then the spots to touch are smaller and overall.....well, annoying. Of course, FIRST question was password to use my home WiFi -- had to go find that. Then, password for next thing and next thing......I turned it off and said "later!". Probably a Sunday job. LOL After all, I'd been at work all day and had answered customer questions until I was blue in the face, didn't need it after that.

Cold out and a little mouse had decided to move in. Nope, not welcome. Since it had shown a desire for the Ritz crackers I had left on the stand by my chair, I made it a little PB & Ritz snack. This morning, I found it had taken my offering and then I gave it a swirly swim! Will set another snack out tonight, in case there was a friend who missed out. LOL Don't want to slight another!!!!

Everyone enjoy their day!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the flu, that stuff is nasty. I have never had a flu shot. It’s last years strain anyway .

My garden is 100’x70’ getting enough cardboard is a chore. Stripping off tape, laying it down, covering with mulch is another huge chore. Only to see the weeds take over anyway, is disheartening. I’m going to buy 2 rolls of weed cloth and try it. I won’t mulch over the top and I’ll roll it up in the fall. It’s been 5 years and I’m not getting anywhere. It will either be a colossal failure or a colossal success. I can handle failure, I’m there already.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Windproof as far as you need here. I'll be cleaning up the mess later.
20200110_154350.jpg
20200110_150816.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry. Just need to rant and I know everyone here will understand.

People ignoring me online makes me frustrated. They asked for ways to get calcium in their diet after quitting milk. I stated quite truthfully that they needed to eat more dark leafy greens.

Then come the people touting seed milks as having more calcium than cow milk. The added calcium sulfate isn't used very well by our bodies. "Oh but it's 'natural'!" There is nothing natural about commercial seed milks. It's processed junk.

You don't even have to do much to make it at home anymore since there are appliances that will do the soak, grind, extract. "But it doesn't taste very good! And it's too thin!" Most people want that sweetened, thickened crap.

Commercial processed food are all barely edible, nutrition deficient junk.