• Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I will be doing the same…

it is ok. i've been online for many years and the number of people who assume i am other than male is quite a few. i do not tend to write strongly gendered prose, i'm not a very aggressive sort and i talk about being a home body, gardening and keeping house plants, cooking, sewing and such things often enough it can throw people off. i once in a while mention a gf or ex-gf but nowadays that can also be interpreted the other way too so... well... *shrug* it's ok. i'm not offended at all. it's not like it really matters anways. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've had my coffee, contemplating if I want anything to eat or not....... not. About to get dressed, go move sheep around so they can graze and finish taking down cow panels and pulling up T-posts in the garden. I got a lot done yesterday, I needed to stop working in the house and get outside. I'll need the cow panels at my son's house to build temporary pens and such.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
no worries! I had milk goats, they couldn’t drink the milk. Milk sheep are easy to find here fortunately, so if I ever decide to try that part won’t be an issue!

DH seems to have gluten issues. I have to do some creative cooking to sort out who can’t eat what. DD1 seems to be able to eat anything, she’s the only one.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
if someone wants a salad or pasta for breakfast that is what they eat. My thought is your body knows what it needs and it isn't always eggs or toast in the morning but a big bowl of veggies or chicken.
You are 100% correct! In absence of foods with added flavor, our sense of taste guides us toward nutrients we need.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me that I need to work on our household eating habits for myself and for the kids! My mom has food issues from when she was a kid and I never learned healthy eating habits and I need to focus on helping my kids break the cycle!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We had 2 birthdays in our house plus Halloween in the past week… so today was supposed to be a return to normalcy. But then DD2 had an engorged tick on her😩 so waiting to hear back from her pediatrician regarding antibiotics. The deer ticks have been bad this fall, which is not normal for us.
I'm in a lyme endemic area too. DH did research on ticks when he was in college - collecting ticks for testing to measure prevalance of Lyme in the tick population. There are some areas of our state we will never visit because of what he learned. We are super cautious now. DS6 had an engorged tick on him a couple years ago, we saved the tick and send it in for testing. TG it was negative for Lyme and apparently didn't carry any other diseases.

I hope your DD is is okay and your pediatrician has a healthy fear of Lyme disease.