Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Windproof as far as you need here. I'll be cleaning up the mess later.
20200110_154350.jpg
20200110_150816.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like that. Would work well for controlled breeding. Most of mine are cooped at night & free range during day but I'm thinking a set up similar to that would be nice to control , monitor....young stock, hatchings, breeding's, etc. Not my whole flock, only selected ones.

Good job. Looks nice.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing like brisk snow removal at 4:15 in the morning. Hubby woke me as he left for work saying "there's 3 inches. Go clean the chicken net and roofs before it gets too thick."

Only took 15 minutes. The broom works really well when I can reach both sides. I shaked the net to death and cleared it so it doesn't rip. I doubt the big girls will come out though.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rain here today. Heavy, now not but, more to come. This is will a really inside day for everyone. the goats hate rain. Chickens out between downpours, horses too.

I can see this will be a computer day...between drying off from chores.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After 3.5" rain overnight, then light drizzle this morning, it cleared off. Not much sun but, rain stopped! So, late day I had gotten the extra wire at top of stall and a roost bar up, in the run-in I had decided to use to house some extra roos. They are headed for the canner in a few days but, wanted them away from the hens. I mean, raging hormones. Now most are penned. So, if they don't kill each other within next three days, I will do it. Have 5 in the stall & 2 more in separate pens. All hatched here by my hens. After this batch, there are more to do. Another 5 to 7. :he Still leaves me with some purebreds for breeding. Yep, loaded. But I have about 50 hens. I sell eggs. Too many extras to feed since they don't lay eggs.

Guess we'll see how it's going in the morning. Home again tomorrow but will be low 60s. Monday we are into 30's again. Decisions. If they are not totally fighting, will wait until Monday. They have been running & roosting together but, means nothing because they were also free ranging. :idunno

That's about all that is new here. Need to make a hay/feed run tomorrow. Too wet today! But, got all the laundry done! Inside is different. LOL I'm enjoying a nice glass of wine and thinking I'll be in bed early. Maybe relax & read a book.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After 3.5" rain overnight, then light drizzle this morning, it cleared off. Not much sun but, rain stopped! So, late day I had gotten the extra wire at top of stall and a roost bar up, in the run-in I had decided to use to house some extra roos. They are headed for the canner in a few days but, wanted them away from the hens. I mean, raging hormones. Now most are penned. So, if they don't kill each other within next three days, I will do it. Have 5 in the stall & 2 more in separate pens. All hatched here by my hens. After this batch, there are more to do. Another 5 to 7. :he Still leaves me with some purebreds for breeding. Yep, loaded. But I have about 50 hens. I sell eggs. Too many extras to feed since they don't lay eggs.

Guess we'll see how it's going in the morning. Home again tomorrow but will be low 60s. Monday we are into 30's again. Decisions. If they are not totally fighting, will wait until Monday. They have been running & roosting together but, means nothing because they were also free ranging. :idunno

That's about all that is new here. Need to make a hay/feed run tomorrow. Too wet today! But, got all the laundry done! Inside is different. LOL I'm enjoying a nice glass of wine and thinking I'll be in bed early. Maybe relax & read a book.

Big temperature swings for Mid January, it was colder the beginning of November than it is now. The ponds around here had ice on them for a little bit, no ice now though. I'm not complaining... It will be a cheap winter heating the house.

Latest posts