Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our temps did the same, beautiful 70's , clear clean blue skies for 3 days, and then the humidity came in and wow.... liked to fell over today. Oh well, we got all the hay baled this afternoon that was on the ground so far..... and looking like some t-storms and rain for the next few days.

Ice cream sounds like a plan.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's been doctor appointments this week. The good thing is that hubby's lost 33 pounds in the last 2 months. I know a lot of that was water, but his pants are looser and he's been eating less at meals as he's conscious of what he's doing.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a lot of weight but, he is probably feeling a lot better. When our bodies hold so much water, it's not just unhealthy, it's heavy to carry. Hope he continues to monitor himself.

middle of night & I'm UP -- yikes I hate this. Going to play a few rounds of solitare as that usually gets me back to sleepy. Not used to the sound of the AC yet. I use a window vice my central as it costs way less. I live in the downstairs basically and only use central unit if I want to use upstairs for a few days.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congrats on the hubby losing the weight. That's alot in a couple of months, but I will bet he feels better. I need to drop about that much but it has settled all aroun d the middle. The exercises that I try to do twice a day for the PT for the ankle, also are to help my knees and I am hoping that I will be able to drop a few pounds just from the increased movement. I usually lose in the summer but am usually more active than the past few years of "worn out hurting joints".

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A nap? Sounds like a deserved one. At least you have them canned. My seeds just got planted. More will plant late July.

Coffee now -- yes, up at 4:30 again! Geesh, my body thinks it needs to get up after 6 hrs. Now I appreciate how the babes felt when they awoke at 2 & 3 AM to "play". LOL

Yesterday chores & garden watering was done by 7AM. Looks like today will follow. :idunno

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yes, congrats on the weight loss! it makes so much difference in how i feel and take off extra stress on the knees and back. it also makes it easier to handle it when it gets hotter outside.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just finished my second cup of coffee, gotta get dressed and outside. It's summer here now, will hit the mid 90's today. I need to finish weeding out the place I want to plant the purple hull peas. I'm almost done. DH had a dr appointment Wednesday, I canned yesterday and did laundry, today is back to pulling weeds! Some blackberry vines have crept in, so they got to go. A tropical storm may give us some rain on Monday, I sure want the peas planted before that. Y'all have a great day!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally -- normal 6:30 body up time. Whew. Overcast, 75 & okish at get-up. Rains light overnight....more late, late day. So I'm toughing it as much as I can. 88 now and very humid. That's the issue - humidity.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FINALLY!! I got the peas planted and watered in. I pulled 2 wagon loads of weeds for the burn pile. After I planted the peas, I pulled 3 wagon loads of weeds for the Sheep.

Latest posts