Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poka_Doodle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Howdy Polka I believe we've talked in BYC and H. Nice to see ya here.
Hey, I remember you from BYH. So good to see you here too. I bet we probably have talked on BYC too, but its been four years since I was last there, so I don't remember everybody I talked to there.
Welcome to the group
Thank you, I am so glad to be here.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks @CLSranch . I drink an average 1/2 to 1 gal water a day not counting milk. Drink next to no soda (maybe 1 a month if that in the warm weather... water quenches my thirst better)....lemonade and some iced Tea in summer...
Took glucosamine and all those "standard" joint supplements for years with no apparant positive effects. Still take several different joint supplements from the naturopathic/wholistic doctor, that is also a board certified GP/family doctor....
We did the PRP and then stem cell in hopes to help regenerate the cartilage.... to no avail. He said that if I had started 10-15 years earlier it may have worked better. Had a little improvement in the left knee for a couple years to where it did not hurt all the time but no real relief in the ankle or right knee.
Have wondered about an inversion table... even though the back does not hurt per se.... I had a bad car wreck in 1989 and had a C-2 fracture.... so in essence broke my neck.... both hands damaged and skull fracture.... sometimes I think it is because I do not sleep right.....

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@farmerjan: I have reactions to many things, although undiagnosed by a medical professional, I strongly suspect I have Mast Cell Activation Disorder. Doctors don't know much about it, or have even heard of it. Therefore, mostly what I've gotten is a false diagnosis of any problem.

Basically my immune system is like the Tasmanian Devil after 20 pots of coffee in a China shop. There are things that I can do to lessen the symptoms. Mainly avoiding the triggers, which can be very limiting. I've found limited diet, restricted calorie intake, and intermittent fasting helps a lot, and helps to minimize other triggers as well.

My latest attack has been on my feet, erythromelalgia, which effects the ears, hands, and feet. My ears have been effected for a few years, but then the attacks moved to my feet! Attacks can be from mild to severe. Severe results with pain, and no sleep. I've recently found a forum with some people with the exact same problem with the feet, and some people have had great results using tart cherry extract, and celery seed extract. I ordered some, but wanted to delay taking it to see if going back to my limited diet would help.

I've found that by cutting out all dairy, and eating mostly vegetables (organic), drastically reduces my symptoms. Has to be fresh. Difficult way of eating in the long term, so I start eating what I shouldn't with no effect at first, then after a few days, or longer, I feel the negative effects of what I consider a normal healthy diet.

Although your issues are totally different from mine, I believe an aniti-inflammatory and alkalinizing way of eating will help with most, if not all physical problems.

Dairy is acidic, and inflammatory. As is sugar, grain, processed "food", and carbonated drinks. Vegetables are anti-inflammatory and alkalinizing in the body.

Although this is probably more information than what you need, I hope the information about the way of eating helps.

Sipping my coffee.

Last edited:

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would like to get an inversion table. I used to work for a chiropractor, and decompression of the spine definitely does work. I purchased what's called a Dakota traction device for my neck to use at home, and using it consistently works, and I've been able to get more mobility in my neck.

What I'm not sure about the inversion table is the stress it may put on the joints, or a previous disc injury. With a decompression table, that patient lays flat and the table only stretches the spine or neck, and the machine increases the amount of pull over time with each session.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What I'm not sure about the inversion table is the stress it may put on the joints, or a previous disc injury. With a decompression table, that patient lays flat and the table only stretches the spine or neck, and the machine increases the amount of pull over time with each session.
Mine helps greatly with my disc problems. When dehydrated and acting up I can barely stand up. As far as joints you can shorten the time if 'say your ankle starts to hurt' then do it again later. You can adjust how far you go back by setting the height. Gradually increase the time, then go up/shorter on height and you will tip a little farther upside after used to the longer time frame. It also helps with my hip joints and pulls my waist a little straighter since I have one leg longer than the other. That may be the cause of my scoliosis, which gets straighter with use.
Oh and good Morning all. Hope you are well. Have an explicit day.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey guys, just joining here. Many years ago I joined the BYC cafe, and now hangout in the BYH equivalent. Nice to see everyone here.
Welcome. If you can put your general location in your profile, it will show up on all posts. Makes it easier to respond if we have an idea what your geographical location or growing climate is...

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a brand new fridge! Im so happy, having lived with a tiny malfunctioning bar fridge for years, this new fridge is a dream. It even has a light inside! Now I can expand growing garden grub a bit as I have somewhere to store it :)

Kinda happy to be finished with visitors for a while now. I feel so blessed to have the place back to myself! The noise, mess and bickering of couples, child and dog really really made me glad for my quiet life choice. I didnt want to get out of bed today, but I better wander down to the post office to send in the warranty card. The community relief (charity) shop is closing soon, and have a sale on, so I might check that out too.

After a cuppa! *Puts the kettle on for the SS cafe*

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a brand new fridge! Im so happy, having lived with a tiny malfunctioning bar fridge for years, this new fridge is a dream. It even has a light inside! Now I can expand growing garden grub a bit as I have somewhere to store it :)
I once lived for 9 months or so without a fridge... it was kind of entertaining... Without a fridge there were always ice chunks in the milk.

But once summer started to show up, it was time to get one, and by that time we had saved up enough money to buy one.

So yes, I feel your fridge joy!

Congrats!