Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all. Coffee and buttered toast this morning. I’m tired and sore, we slaughtered 15 Cornish Cross chickens yesterday, they are on ice. Now I get to spend the next two days cutting them up and vacuum sealing them.

About to hop in the shower. I am AIed in a week. Ginna will try again later I guess 😕, I am excited but so terribly nervous and sad. I need some coffee
I wish you success and an easy pregnancy.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning y’all. Coffee and buttered toast this morning. I’m tired and sore, we slaughtered 15 Cornish Cross chickens yesterday, they are on ice. Now I get to spend the next two days cutting them up and vacuum sealing them.

I wish you success and an easy pregnancy.
I need to butcher a rooster soon 😭. He loves me but the girls hate him. I might keep him to hatch chicks. And thank you!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got 10 Cornish Cross chickens cut up and vacuum sealed today. I wash the whole chicken. I cut off the wings, fine pick them, cut off wing tip and put in dog bowl. Cut apart wing for buffalo wings, wash, place on cookie sheet. I cut off legs, wash them. I cut them apart into drumstick and thigh, fine pick, wash and place on cookie sheet. I cut the back off, fine pick, wash and put on cookie sheet. I skin the breast, cut meat off bone, wash and put on cookie sheet. I blot dry meat, cut a bag, seal end, write date, what cut it is and how many pieces. Put pieces in bag with one hand, set bag down. Wash my hands so I don’t get raw chicken slime on bag. Vacuum seal and put in freezer.
Rinse repeat. All. Day. Long. Tired.

Got 5 more on ice to do tomorrow.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
5 more to do this morning, think I’ll put up a couple as whole. DD and the 3 girls will be here Monday to stay several days, I see whole roasted chicken as a meal! LOL

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got 10 Cornish Cross chickens cut up and vacuum sealed today. I wash the whole chicken. I cut off the wings, fine pick them, cut off wing tip and put in dog bowl. Cut apart wing for buffalo wings, wash, place on cookie sheet. I cut off legs, wash them. I cut them apart into drumstick and thigh, fine pick, wash and place on cookie sheet. I cut the back off, fine pick, wash and put on cookie sheet. I skin the breast, cut meat off bone, wash and put on cookie sheet. I blot dry meat, cut a bag, seal end, write date, what cut it is and how many pieces. Put pieces in bag with one hand, set bag down. Wash my hands so I don’t get raw chicken slime on bag. Vacuum seal and put in freezer.
Rinse repeat. All. Day. Long. Tired.

Got 5 more on ice to do tomorrow.
That is a bunch of work!