Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Love my son dearly, he is on an adventure this summer working at a river fishing guide place in Alaska. I asked if he had any good salmon recipes. He said he was sick of eating salmon and moose. He wants a bacon cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake. He has four more weeks.....

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Love my son dearly, he is on an adventure this summer working at a river fishing guide place in Alaska. I asked if he had any good salmon recipes. He said he was sick of eating salmon and moose. He wants a bacon cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake. He has four more weeks.....
Wish him luck from me! I also hate fish.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When he gets home. It will be THE BEST hamburger & shake ever!!!!! 😁 I'm another "no fish" person, so I'd be a vegetarian, tired of so much moose.

I'm one who's garden didn't happen either...:( BUT, as every gardener knows, always next year! :lol:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
🤣

That is all there is to eat up here, especially if you are in the bush or don't have much money.

But add carrots, potatoes, and oodles of kale.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This was a good garden year here. Not so on the east side of the state. Mom says everyone's summer squash failed. She's very jealous I have zucchini coming out my ears and that the chickens get some as a food supplement.

I'm actually getting tomatoes ripening. That's an iffy thing here most years.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Same bad luck here on the garden. I got okra and spinach. I let my lettuce go to seed but a bad storm destroyed it and everything other than the spinach and okra. Did I mention how much spinach I have? If anyone needs any help yourself lol! Maybe my winter garden will produce more?
Next summer I’ll have too much to do to really work in my garden so I want to leave my raised beds dormant. Don’t know how yet, but I’ll learn!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Same bad luck here on the garden. I got okra and spinach. I let my lettuce go to seed but a bad storm destroyed it and everything other than the spinach and okra. Did I mention how much spinach I have? If anyone needs any help yourself lol! Maybe my winter garden will produce more?
Next summer I’ll have too much to do to really work in my garden so I want to leave my raised beds dormant. Don’t know how yet, but I’ll learn!
What are you going to do with the gobs of spinach?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gee that's terrible........to be sick of eating salmon and moose.......I wish!