SS Family

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I guess I've been feeling a little sentimental lately but I got to thinking about this forum and all the folks here.

We never seem to 'fight'. We don't even argue...we debate politely, or avoid the topic, simple as that.

We are truely concerned for each other's well being. Always offering, if nothing else, a shoulder to cry on, or words of encouragement regardless of the situation.

We all seem to have that streak of sarcasm....some little comment to make us all laugh in a bad or odd situation.

We are all helpful in some fashion. Either a recipe variation, a thought, or suggestion, all done with diplomacy, tack, or just all out kindness.

I have to say I've never encountered a group of people like this on any forum I have been on in the past. Its truely nice to be here, and fun. I don't even visit other forums anymore, as I see no need. LOL

Just wanted to share. :bouquet

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
pioneergirl:

"We all seem to have that streak of sarcasm...."

Naw, not US!

From our intro's, bio's, etc., it would seem that we are a very diverse group, indeed. That we all get along so well speaks volumes toward our single purpose of preparing our families for the future and the desire to live more independently.

I totally agree with you, I have not found a more congenial group on the net.

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I second that! Im so glad you spoke up PioneerGirl. I love how were all so different, but at the same time share the same basic goals and dreams, and in the end, thats all that really matters. It seems like society (at least from my vantage point) has done a great job of dividing people into labeled ideologies, lifestyles, backgrounds etc. that the only time people are brought together is for the purpose of pointing out whos better or more correct. This group proves how artificial those divisions are. Its such a nice little family to check in with everyday. I love to hear what everyone is up to, even if I dont always have the time to respond to every post I read, I still take it all in and appreciate all of you and what you have to say. I wont even get into how much Ive learned from you all! This site and the people/dynamics is bound to change eventually, as everything else in the world does, so its nice to know that others out there are feeling as fortunate as I am to be a part of this group at this moment in time!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pioneergirl
I am so with you about this forum and the people on it. I am glad you got sentimental! LOL

I also have never encountered such an easy going group on the net. Even with politics, religion and a few other topics we hit on, everyone stated their side but never attacked the other side. I like that....in the end us SS people say "to each his own" and not get nasty over it.....I love that about this forum. And most threads never even are controversial which is nice too!

We have a common ground. Love of country type things, animals, being SS and well being for our family and friends and friends on this forum!

I so enjoy this site and the nice people!
And learn, heck ya, I learned ALOT!

You made me smile big reading that post...thanks for perking up my afternoon!

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I agree Pioneergirl it is nice to be involved in something as great as this.
I think that the fact that we respect one athother is a big factor in our ability to get along so well. Thanks for pointing it out though.
I also have found that this is the forum I go to most often. It has the info I need and I can find it quickly and easily!
Keep up the good work everyone!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I have found myself with little to no desire to visit other forums, too. It almost feels like a chore to visit anything else and I am afraid I might miss something LOLOL

I think ya'll are great, too, and it is nice to be a part of a forum where the adults act like adults :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Amen to everything that has been said here.
I love checking in to see whats going on with everyone.
I can't believe that anyone thinks this group is saracastic! LOL NOT US.
Most times I end up backing off of forums because of the arguments. There just does not seem to be any of that here. The respect amazes me.
I too am glad Pioneergirl posted this topic. It gives me a chance to say thanks to everyone for posting so much useful information and some of the nonsense is so funny and always seems to show up when I need a good laugh.
So thanks to you all.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I have found myself with little to no desire to visit other forums, too. It almost feels like a chore to visit anything else and I am afraid I might miss something LOLOL

I think ya'll are great, too, and it is nice to be a part of a forum where the adults act like adults :)
I agree, this forum is fantastic, but I have to say, I'm still checking BYC constantly, as well as Beemaster, another great forum where the sense of community overcomes the differences we may have. We have a purpose, a focus, and that's what brings us all together, and is the glue that will hold us together.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Quail_Antwerp said:

I agree, this forum is fantastic, but I have to say, I'm still checking BYC constantly, as well as Beemaster, another great forum where the sense of community overcomes the differences we may have. We have a purpose, a focus, and that's what brings us all together, and is the glue that will hold us together.
I still find myself checking on BYC, but I just don't enjoy that site like I do this one. I used to LOVE BYC, but sometimes the arguing over there is just like WOW ...but there are some good informative posts over there!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BYC is a little scary to me...LOL
too big I think, runs too fast for me and many diverse people with opinions. Great info if you can weed thru the other stuff.

Smaller is for me...kinda like country living vs. city living...LOL....BYC is the big city! I need the slow backward town! HA HA