FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yes I remember that mentioned a while ago

enough said, never mind :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I agree that the smallness of this forum helps with that friendly feel. I'm sure that this is one of the few places where I KNOW my political and religious views are different than many others and it doesn't matter!
Hugs to all and especially Pat! Just 'cause :D

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I am really glad I found this forum(or that Farmer Chick lead me here). We were on another nameless forum that had a horrible click in it. And if you did not beleive the way they did then you were the enemy they would all gang up on you. I was an outcast because I was supporting McCain & they were all supporting Obama & when I tried to express my views politely & quote my sources of info(which they didn't like) they jumped all over me. So I told them what I thought of them & left. I did get a few nice private emails from some ladies off there & we keep in touch now. But I will never go back there & I was on there for over 5 yrs! I feel right at home here. I can express my opinions & feelings & not get bashed which is a breath of fresh air! So I would like to say thank you to everyone here especially Karen for sending me a link to check out the site. I may not get on here every day but it is like sitting down to talk with old friends most days. And I have picked up valuable tips & ideas to make our family more sufficient. Hopefully I have helped a few too. BTW everyone my name is Pam.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hi Pam! :frow

I see you are a homeschooling mom too!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
This is our 4th year homeschooling. Amamzing how we get things done in only a few hrs what takes them all day long in school.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:ya Oh! I must weigh in on this subject! Ditto to all of the above! This is the only forum on which I spend any time anymore . It seems to have the total package and I can discuss and glean info on chickens, gardens, and SS all at one site, which is great when you have limited time.

I like the less "agenda driven" opinions and views of our forum members and I hope we never get so diverse, or big, that we forget to say "Please, Thank you and I'm sorry" when we need to do so.

I liked BYC for its information but soon grew weary of the fighting and the willingness of some to attack first ~ think later, or jump before they were hit. I think everyone here is considerate of each other because we want to stay awhile. Noone wants to stick around when the tension is thick! :p

Also, I think we just have more basic intentions on this forum....we all want the same things, more or less, and have nothing to prove. I like that! I also like the fact that you all are just plain nice folks and that's all there is to it! :)

Not sentimental at all, Pioneer, just saying what we've all been thinking! :bouquet

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I have something to prove. . .

That I'm not such a bad guy after all.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
LOL dacjohns, I don't think any of us here thinks you are a bad guy!