SS Garden thread 2010, post your pics here!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am pushing it, but I had such great luck with the indoor starters last year, I decided to go for it.

Stage 2 is outside with either wall-o-waters (redneck style) OR in the quail pen which will double as a cold frame. The quail are not yet acclimated to outdoor temps so the plants can stay out there once it warms a bit and we are above freezing at night but it is still too cold for the quail.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, Wifezilla, now you've got me curious. How do you make a redneck-style wall-o-water?

Augustmomx2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's it...I'm moving to So Cal...I'm so sick of this cold and snow!!!
:barnie

I will post pics of my garden, after I go out and check on the girls...to make sure they haven't frozen to death :/

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My garden is under 2 feet of snow at this point... that will melt sometime in late May, then I can start planting 5 months from now...

I'm so envious of all your garden pictures :) Although it's only a few more weeks until I plant indoor starts for things that need 12 weeks inside before going out. :thumbsup

ecopepper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Here are my raised beds I don't have much room. And the freeze we got took some of my plants. But carrots and lettuce doing good. I had a theif take cabbage and coliflower.:(
First time posting picture on forum so let's see what happens. Kinda sad and messy. But it is coming back nicely.

1540_garden.jpg

1540_christmas_09_233.jpg

1540_christmas_09_116.jpg

ecopepper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:welcome Hi ecopepper! Welcome to the forum!

Nice raised beds! :thumbsup

Was your thief animal or human?
My chickens!! I have them secured on otherside of pool. Only two hens. The whole bed is covered now for future intruders with a mesh!:lol: Sugar snap peas are in the pot in front and have come back nicely this last week or 2....going to pick them next week if they can wait...I have many started seeds ready. I lost a couple of tomato plants in the freeze too...had some baby ones on there too...erg! This is my best season for the foods I love. Summer is just too hard on things here. I am planning to convert old screen tent in a cooling cover....we shall see.

Getting some great ideas guys! Great photos!