SS projects, solar hot water design - Sunsaver's tech stuff

S

sunsaver

Thanks for all the input, guys. Thats some cool looking tesla coils. How did you make them?

Well i got my stuff from the shack, and im all set to build my crystal radio. i was hoping to find a variable capacitor for tuning, but it looks like ill have to make a slider arm for the coil, in order to tune it. Just hope i can find a capaciter that will work

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
Thanks for all the input, guys. Thats some cool looking tesla coils. How did you make them?

Well i got my stuff from the shack, and im all set to build my crystal radio. i was hoping to find a variable capacitor for tuning, but it looks like ill have to make a slider arm for the coil, in order to tune it. Just hope i can find a capaciter that will work
i know i had to ebay it to get a variable capacitor, i got some of the older ones used in old ham equipment, there really neat to look at!
there was a variable capacitor how to on the internet, with pictures and equations to make it work, i have no clue anymore where it is, im sorry.

the coils were made on a special spindle device me and my dad made, it was made from an old workout frame for lifting and iron pipes as the rotation axis for the coil coupled to a gear ratio drive, and to an electric motor, it is kind of complex but it worked very well when i wrapped to wire on to the sonotubes. it did take about 2 hrs to wind lol, and i had to be there to make sure it was wrapping close lol. i also applied a oil laquere to help decrease the chance of oxygen causeing a short out when i tested them lol.

by themselves they picked up a low frequency buzz and it was neat, a buzz means energy was being picked up by them. when i sent energy into one it was making energy go 20 ft to the other coil in resonance with the transmitter. if u got some extra money i advise everyone to get the "tesla colorado springs notebook" and teslas "inventions researches and writings of nikola tesla". exceptional books, you really learn the intelligence of tesla!

S

sunsaver

Well, i Googled Nikola Tesla. All i can say is wow! That guy invented so many things that we still use today: alternating current, ac motors, ignition coils for automobile (before 1900), transformers and high voltage capacitors. As an electronics guy i was away of him, but never did much research on him. What i remember was that George Westinghouse was funding his research in a battle with T. A. Edison over the control of electrical transmission. Edison wanted DC, Westinghouse believed in Tesla, that AC was better. When Tesla started talking about free electrical transmission to the people, Westinghouse cut off his funding and started telling everyone that Tesla was a fraud and a lunatic. He proceeded to use Tesla's technology to electrify the country. I think he even tricked Tesla into inventing the electric meter.
An innocent minded genius from another country would not likely be aware that he was being manipulated by a master capitalist. I seem to remember all of this from a biography about Westinghouse, who was also an inventor and a great man. He created the air brake for trains, i think. Thats one of the things that made him rich. So Tesla invented it all, basically, and Westinghouse put it in every home, with the exception of it being "free". Tesla died as an anonymous curiosity, while his benefactors remain famous to this day. I seem to remember that J.P. Morgan was involved too somehow. I could be wrong on all accounts, but i think that the guy who invented the modern electrical grid should finally get his dues. He was just as, if not more so brilliant as Edison. It is unfortunate that his patents are difficult for modern electronics techs to understand or duplicate, due to Tesla's lack of formal training, and a lack of standard electrical terminology prior to 1900 A.D. I have downloaded many of his patents, and will try to duplicate anything that i think i can understand.

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yea tesla has been ripped off alot! Some of his patents suggest basic computer logic (and, or gates) yes wardenclyffe was financed by morgan the same people who control the world really , and it seems he pulled the funding when the tower was like 95 percent done which is really strange! Some say it is because of the ability for wireless power to be free for all people, u cant make mOney off of it. Westing house was good and bad, without him tesla would never of gotten as far as he did. Tesla was always thankful for the generosity of westinghouse. Tesla made a promise with westing house tO pay royalties on his work and tesla tore up the contract because tesla would have put westinghoise out of business. Its sad if tesla cared just alittle more for money he could of carried out all of his wrks to completion.
My major push to try his technology was how All the teachers said he was crazy. I didnt believe that and that is why i have had success with all of his works. It was all a smear campaign back then and it worked because there was only the media and no other sources of info back then like the internet. I ask old elecrical enginners and they dont even know who he is, the censorship worked its scary! Lol

S

sunsaver

A few years ago, there were one or two companies making products based on Telsa's inventions. You would have a transmitter in one room, plugged into the wall, then have a cordless tool in another room, with a power receiver instead of a battery. Telsa had a method of creating DC fro AC, that did not use rectifiers. amazing stuff! I'm going to do some more research into his patents.

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
A few years ago, there were one or two companies making products based on Telsa's inventions. You would have a transmitter in one room, plugged into the wall, then have a cordless tool in another room, with a power receiver instead of a battery. Telsa had a method of creating DC fro AC, that did not use rectifiers. amazing stuff! I'm going to do some more research into his patents.
Yes have u seen that patent? Its amazing and simple i think it becomes pulsed dc because he feeds the currents to make the waves travel in one direction by interference waves. I got to look that up again.. I found his work was always to make something sooo efficient and also soo simple for mankind!!!
U look up his tesla turbine, if its coupled in sections you get a form of jet turbine!! Lol

S

sunsaver

I went back and started reading Tesla's patents more slowly. Reading the descriptions of the drawing helped to make sense of them. Mostly he is creating high frequency, high voltage devices. One of the patents i read was a single wire high voltage power transmission line, the fore runner of the modern electric grid. I hate the grid and believe that people should produce their own power, like me! Well aside from making big sparks, i don't see much in Tesla's patents that will help me on the quest for free energy. I'll look at some more of them and try to get a better sense of what he was trying to accomplish.

p.s. Ive been reading about his wireless transmission of power. It's a little more difficult to understand. I'm going to bed now, to have nightmares about J. P. Morgan. and his power-grid slaves.

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well the free energy Part of teslas work was the radiant energy patents. A large surface area metal plate insulated from the surrounding air and elevated from the ground allows for the collection of highly charged particles in the cosmic ray spectrum. Then a wire is ran to a discharge circuit and to a deep ground. the device makes an easier path for the particles to follow to earth and in the proces u can put a battery or lights to charge. The area of the plates do need to be large but it is always working day or night. People could build a large metal roof and strongly insulate it wih a airtight plastic or laquer and the run this into a discharge circuit for energy.

The patent is called "utilization of radiant enrrgy" 1901

In my own research it follows some of the weather events like thunder storms and anyone trying this has to be careful of lightning strikes!!! People have tested the same basic model and had similqr results disproving a local energy source causing the power output like a transmitter and that is really important.