STARTING with ideas to raise money

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Well, we sold the last brownie an hour ago and closed down shop. I was just too tired to go it alone after my helpers were leaving.

What a blessing today! I know that it was because of the encouragement and support I received from close friends and family, and from those would wouldn't recognize me if I were six inches from their nose!

It was awesome, and the results were just amazing. We totaled $531 today, and adding that to what I have already, I have $1354 in the fund! If you add in the $$751 I have already had to spend, then I have raised, earned or saved $2105 toward the $5000 goal ! YIPPEE!

God is SO good.

The only disappointment is that I was too busy to take pictures. I am furious with myself!

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That was FAST!!! How awesome! I'm really glad it went well. :ya

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Wow! Congrats! You'll make it!

This is really inspiring. Once you meet your goal, are you going to keep this up? You could earn some extra spending (saving) $.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Thank you ! And thank you, Dace, for all the personal encouragement as well.

About continuing on with the fundraising, I am just hoping to meet this goal. After that, I have other ideas for tomorrow and the day after. This is all a matter of faith to me, so I am trusting that I am headed in the right direction !

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
The past month has been full of blessings that really are more than I could ever have imagined. I have been left whirling both by the bounty of my garden and the encouragement of you all. I had the resounding success of the bake sale, and I have received donations in the mail from people who read my blog and those who participate here. I have been dumbstruck by the love and generosity of some amazing people.

I am seeing the love of our God so much through this fundraising process. It has been miraculous what He has done. I have received untold blessings from people I have never even met. While I have never me a one of them, as the note I received today said: "We may never get to meet in person here on earth, but I look forward seeing you in heaven some day. For now, it is enough to be sisters in Christ."

You go on in life just plugging along and hoping you are doing the right thing in the eyes of the Lord, and He just pours out His bounty through the hearts of His children. I am just amazed at who He is and how His love flows through those who love Him.

Thank you all for your support and in particular your prayers.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What an uplifting message! I haven't been on here enough to keep up with your roof project, so its good to hear you are doing so well. :hugs