STARTING with ideas to raise money

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I will !

Not a cat fan. The neighbor who has the weeds has four of them. The grass is so deep they can't seem to find the mice. I found several strawberries chewed up. They are in containers, so i moved them. Looking for free small gauge chicken wire or similar to attach to the fence.

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What is the building permit for?

You have done a lot of work on this!

Hints on best ways to freeze cookies, muffins? I'm baking ahead too- trying out some recipes from Krystines's Healthy Gourmet Bakery cookbook, Krystine Crowell. I guess she's the legendary "Bakery to the Stars" chef. Only thing is she uses only egg whites (she is trying to decrease the fat in the recipes). I happen to think the yolks are nutritious, so I'm going to try the recipes using whole eggs instead.

Can't wait to hear how things turn out. I'm using your example to get geared up to sell some baked goods too. (Lot lower goals though!)

Take pics of your goodies if you have time.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
The building permit is for the roof repair. Our city requires permits to blow your nose.

The way I am freezing them is to let them cool for an hour or two and then place each one in a fold over sandwich bag, not folding it over but instead taping the flap to the back. Then I put them in the freezer perfectly flate on a cookie sheet for an hour and then layer flat horizontally into extra large, 2 gallon ziplocks that I got at Spart and Final (sort of restaurant supply store) about two years ago. Press out as much air as possible, then freeze flat. You can then stack frozen bags four or five high.

Loaves of sweet bread are cooled and wrapped in plastic and then in foil. The foil is removed for sale and a sticker is applied (printed on computer) to tell the contents. Can't freeze the stickers, they peel off.

Muffins are frozen on a cookie sheet and then placed in a plastic bag as the cookies were.

I am so honored that you looking at my examples....thank you.

The YardFarmers said:
What is the building permit for?

You have done a lot of work on this!

Hints on best ways to freeze cookies, muffins? I'm baking ahead too- trying out some recipes from Krystines's Healthy Gourmet Bakery cookbook, Krystine Crowell. I guess she's the legendary "Bakery to the Stars" chef. Only thing is she uses only egg whites (she is trying to decrease the fat in the recipes). I happen to think the yolks are nutritious, so I'm going to try the recipes using whole eggs instead.

Can't wait to hear how things turn out. I'm using your example to get geared up to sell some baked goods too. (Lot lower goals though!)

Take pics of your goodies if you have time.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I thought of another fundraising idea for you. If those recipes you are using for your baked goods are your own, how about selling the recipe.
You could make a sign stating recipe available for $___
If you take photos of the process of making them, you could add them to the printed recipe. Make sure you ask for enough to cover the cost of printing them, in addition to a little extra to make some money.
Just thinking... ;)

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
You are one smart cookie, no pun intended. I have been working on a cookbook (my third) for about a year. Getting there, but it's a slow process. Probably not enough time right now, but soon....! Good idea 1

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ldychef2k,

Saturday is your big day! How have things been going getting things ready? Do you think the weather will be OK?

Prayers for you.

Julie

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
:barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie

That may give you some idea of what life is like here right now!

I am almost finished with the baking. I have a very long list of items I have made, I think 28 different recipes, including some jams I need to unload. Somewhere close to 60 dozen, counting the jams.

I won't write out the whole list right here, but you can see it on my blog.

So much going on, lots to tell, but I just have to get to work ! Sorry !

ETA: The weather is supposed to be in the 70's. Hope so ! We will set up in the shade and I have a beach umbrella to stick in the ground as well !

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Hang in there! The hardest part is always just before you are finally finished! Good luck! :)