Stimulus Checks???

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Chairman Mao stated that power came out of the barrel of a gun-oh wait- not good thoughts to emulate I think. I have never seen much humor or cleverness in threats however unreal. Brings down the tone of any discussion.
elaborate on this statement please, who are you comparing to a communist?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Yeah I know- it always upsets me that people joke about shooting others. I was dragged to a movie by a friend who said it had great special effects- turned out to be very violent Terminator movie with the little boy saing not to kill some security guards so the terminator simply shot their legs. People all around me were roaring with laughter as the sercurity guards rolled around in pain while I was opened mouthed in horror. Couldn't get out of the place fast enough.
I meant to use that phrase that using guns on other people is not something to be joked about in my opinion because it was an acceptable philosophy to a man responsible for the death of millions.
I know it's common but it is something I personally have a very hard time with.
But I did not mean to compare anyone here with Mao- just that it was something that was too serious to joke about.
I know- no sense of humor- only liked the Three Stooges when they were falling over things themselves, not when they were hitting each other.
Sorry.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
PS I meant to post this I just read in case it would make a difference to anyone else.
"Like many other people, Colleen Kilbreath of Westminster, Colo., thought eligibility for the program was based solely on what she had reported on her tax return for 2007 -- and assumed she wouldn't get anything because her income for that year was too high. Ms. Kilbreath, a construction-project manager, was laid off in June "and could really use the assistance," she wrote in a recent email.

For 2008, she says, her adjusted gross income will be about $50,000, well below the law's threshold, which means she should qualify for a recovery rebate credit when she files her 2008 return next year. "I did not know" that the law worked that way, she says. "I'm sure there are a ton of us out there that are in the dark."

Under the economic-stimulus law, which was enacted in February, eligibility for this tax break is based on your income and other factors, such as family size, as reported on your federal income-tax return for either 2007 or 2008, says Mark Luscombe, principal tax analyst at CCH, a Wolters Kluwers business.
"

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
We spent our check on new double pane windows (we had single pane). I don't think our new windows are helping though, because the heat is escaping anyway. :lol: Well, at least we don't have the condensation problems we had before.

The whole bailout deal is a crock. Bloomberg News tried to get information about the financial details by filing a request under the Freedom of Information Act, but after being stonewalled have had to resort to suing the Federal Reserve for information about where exactly the money, that has been spent, went. :|

Ya know, whenever someone says "trust me" and doesn't explain their intentions, you know they are up to no good.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm not upset i just wanted to know where you were going with it. By the way what is YCFS?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ETR

your post made me think of something I recently saw.

It is a new movie, for kids, about a hamster in a bubble that is on the move. I don't know the name of this new movie....but it is animated.

Well this hamster in a bubble is breaking into some type of business for some reason on the commercial, and the cat (or whatever critter was with him, says, OH no there are security guards,) and the hamster says, Don't worry, I will just snap their necks.

I know, vague what I am writing..LOL

but Tony laughed loud that the hamster said this, ME, my mouth hung open. I didn't find this funny one darn bit. A kid movie..pleeeeze!

I don't know, you made me think about this stupid hamster kid movie commercial and how ticked it made me when the hamster said that!

rambling, I know..LOL

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had to give all of my stimulus check to the propane company.:(

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
shareneh said:
I had to give all of my stimulus check to the propane company.:(
Us too, well I took $300 out of it to buy curriculum... but the rest went to propane company

SimpleSchooling

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hmmm....why don't they just print another trillion and pass it out to everyone, that way we can deflate the dollar properly and look forward to a nice prolonged recession.

Latest posts