Stocking Up, Putting Back, Prepping = Paranoia?

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Oh, wow! SERIOUSLY nice pantry!! (I want shelves :hit And then I want to fill them)

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
old fashioned said:
SKR8PN said:
2000 rounds of .308(7.62 military round)
6000 rounds of .223 (military round as well)
4000 rounds of .40 caliber(military round as well as police)
10 cases of 12 gauge
8 cases of 20 gauge
4 cases of .410 gauge
I am guessing well over 20 bricks of .22 caliber
LOTS of muzzle loader stuff.
Lots and lots of compound bow stuff.
Lots and lots of crossbow stuff.
Not to mention the .44 magnum revolver and ammo or the reloading stuff I have.
It's gonna be a LOOONG time before I run out.

:D:D:D:D:D
I see nothing wrong with being well armed & having your stockpile include weapons & ammo to defend yourself & family, life & liberty. Yes, it's also good to know & befriend your neighbors in a group effort of defense. Some people in society refuse to be reasonable and as a last resort may need further prompting. ;)

On another note....if I remember correctly...I can't remember Skr8pn ever mentioning stockpiling anything other than guns & ammo so is he trying to say he's going to be one of those zombies the rest of us have to watch out for???? :D

AND currently in the news is a shoot out with 8 people dead in rural Ohio. I'm hoping & :fl Skr8pn & his neighbor lady weren't involved.
That wasn't me Old Fashioned!!:lol: And yes, we ARE stockpiling more than just ammo and firearms.

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL264/2074170/10842722/376295956.jpg
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL264/2074170/10842722/376295957.jpg
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL264/2074170/10842722/376295962.jpg
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL264/2074170/10842722/376295961.jpg
so......uhmmmm.......you wouldn't shoot me now wouldya, ifn I brought the family to your place??????? :gig :lol:

(sure glad everyone is safe!! ;) )

S

sunsaver

Incredible pantry! I wish mine was that neat and organized. What's in the five gallon buckets?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
Incredible pantry! I wish mine was that neat and organized. What's in the five gallon buckets?
Iced down body parts of the last person who asked innocently "What's in those five gallon buckets?"

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
sunsaver said:
Iced down body parts of the last person who asked innocently "What's in those five gallon buckets?"
:lol:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
sunsaver said:
:lol: :gig

hiker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Not much else I can add that hasn't been said. If I am paranoid, then so be it.

I try to stock for long term storage,nutrient dense foods, but I have also put back some "treats" to help with food fatigue. Popcorn stores well and makes a great treat. Hard candy is also a good long term storage treat item. I also have some FD pudding and pancake mix. It can reallly help to comfort people to have familar food during stressful times.

Lady H- one more perspective on the whole WTSHTF issue. I see a general downward trend that is de-stablizing not only the US, but other countries too. Riots in London- for example. This instablity makes society more vulunrable to ONE BIG EVENT that could trigger a complete collapse- the straw that broke the camel's back if you will.

Zippty- It can be very overwhelming to get started. One thing that helped me get a handle was to prepare a 3 day Bug out bag (one for each car), then 1 month supply of food and supplies. I then moved on to 3 months and finally 1 year. I figured out how many servings of each main food group our family would require daily and used this to determine how much food to purchase for 1 month, 3 months, etc. For example, as a middle aged woman I require substantially less food than my teenage son. What feeds me for a day wouldn't come close to covering his needs.

Along the way, I have focused on imporoving my gardening skills, have built a chicken coop and added bees (honey has many wonderful qualities). I purchased things such as a washboard, cheese press and made a solar oven and dehydrator. I am trying to prepare both to have to leave my home in the event there is ONE BIG THING or to stay here ride out a long slow slide.

Becoming SS and/or prepared is a journey, not a destination and every liitle step moves you further down the road.

Latest posts