Stop bed wetting

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ha! I was thinking all that popped corn would soak up the extra liquid in the stomach, thus eliminating the need to pee in the night. It's probably something much more medicinal than that, lol.

godsgrl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Ha! I was thinking all that popped corn would soak up the extra liquid in the stomach, thus eliminating the need to pee in the night. It's probably something much more medicinal than that, lol.
This is my thinking on the subject. We don't have any other explanation. Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just had to know... so I found this:

"An article in the June 2000 issue of Clinical Pediatrics suggests that the difference between a wet or a dry night may have something to do with how much salt a child eats. Salt makes the body hold onto water, so that the water may not be put out by the kidneys for many hours, perhaps not until the middle of the night or even until the next day or night. Keeping a salt intake diary may help to show the relation to a dry or wet night. Salty foods like chips and pretzles must be counted, as well as table salt."

http://www.wetbuster.com/parents_good.htm

Sounds logical to me! :)