Stop bed wetting

krstms

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
The more I read about the gluten issue I'm starting to wonder if maybe it could be it. He has a lot of constipation issues, acid reflux, etc. I also have many symptoms. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, aches, pains, migraines, constipation..... I could go on and on. I may look into trying getting rid of at least some gluten. I'll let ya know if it works.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just a suggestion: If you decide to go gluten free, do it totally, for a couple weeks, at least. A month would be better. It will take some planning and shopping, but you can find gluten free pasta and crackers and stuff so your family doesn't feel like they are being punished. And only change that one thing. If you change several things, you won't know what may have caused any difference in your/your son's health.

I am bad about trying several new things at once, then not knowing what caused the difference. :/

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
krstms said:
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate your help! I will give some of your suggestions a try. I would really appreciate it if your friend knows of any herbs that may help. I've never tried that. Thanks again for trying to help!
She's been out of town, due back soon. I'll post asap.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
krstms said:
me&thegals said:
We had this in our family, and I hate to say it but it didn't end until somewhere between ages 10 and 11. I got a plastic bed pad and placed it on top of the bedspread, then covered the child with a heavy blanket above. That way I only had one pad and 1 blanket to wash on wet nights.
Unfortuantely because of the sensory issues with his aspergers he won't leave any kind of plastic covering on the mattress or pads of any kind on the bed. He wears good nights type diapers but they always leak. He has ruined several mattresses. I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone know of a homemade diaper that might hold it in better or something.

Thanks Marianne for the welcome! :frow I wanted to add that as weird as it sounds someone at work told me that she knew someone who had a child wetting the bed and the dr suggested removing the tonsils as a solution. Not sure why that would work but like raro said it must have something to do with it. I know my son has frequent strep infections. :hu I am pretty much lost as to what to do.
The cover is felt/fuzzy, but the lining is plastic, so that it doesn't soak into the bedding below it. You could cover it with whatever he would be comfortable having next to his skin.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
krstms said:
The more I read about the gluten issue I'm starting to wonder if maybe it could be it. He has a lot of constipation issues, acid reflux, etc. I also have many symptoms. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, aches, pains, migraines, constipation..... I could go on and on. I may look into trying getting rid of at least some gluten. I'll let ya know if it works.
Dairy could be another common food to try going without.

krstms

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
krstms said:
Dairy could be another common food to try going without.
You may be right. I was reading where there has been some evidence that following a gluten and casien free diet can help autistic children with their symptoms. The casien being in milk. I may try it but not both at the same time. I am researching and thinking on this. Maybe it will help him. I hope so.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My friend looked in three or four homeopathic books that she has. What her books suggested was that you see a homeopathic doctor, but in the meantime give Equisetum hyemale (rough horsetail or scouring rush), known in South Africa as snake grass.

What I have printed off states that it will take about a year of treatment. Honestly, I don't feel really comfortable recommending this since it isn't anything that I have experience with.
How about trying the gluten free diet for a month, then casein free to see if there are less symptoms? I'm always amazed at the reactions that some people have to certain foods and how much better they are after they eliminate them from their diet.

I don't think you could cut out just some of the gluten for an honest assessment. He might still react even to the slightest gluten.

Good luck! and let us know how it goes.

krstms

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Marianne said:
My friend looked in three or four homeopathic books that she has. What her books suggested was that you see a homeopathic doctor, but in the meantime give Equisetum hyemale (rough horsetail or scouring rush), known in South Africa as snake grass.

What I have printed off states that it will take about a year of treatment. Honestly, I don't feel really comfortable recommending this since it isn't anything that I have experience with.
How about trying the gluten free diet for a month, then casein free to see if there are less symptoms? I'm always amazed at the reactions that some people have to certain foods and how much better they are after they eliminate them from their diet.

I don't think you could cut out just some of the gluten for an honest assessment. He might still react even to the slightest gluten.

Good luck! and let us know how it goes.
After looking this up I believe I have it growing in my yard by a creek that runs through my property. I would be very interested in learning more about it, even if I don't use it. If anyone has any info I'd love to hear it. Thanks Marianne!

godsgrl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
My sister had a child that was a bedwetter. She was prescribed some meds for him, but found giving him popcorn before bed worked just as well. Good luck!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, I'm wondering why that would work. Did they give a reason? And, :welcome