Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I tried it ONCE also.
it made me realize to stay away.

if you ain't the shopping type anyway, this is not the day for you..HAHA

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I did it once, four years ago, for a very specific reason. I stood in line at Circuit City from 4:15 am (it was freezing!!) until the store opened at 5 am - then stood in line for 45 more minutes as the line snaked through the store - so I could buy the 50" Samsung hi-def DLP TV hubby had his eye on - for $788. Well worth the wait, it's a gorgeous TV, but that's not something I'd do again without a very good reason!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did ya tell him the suffering you went thru?
:gig

they gotta love us huh?
:p

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After the doors in the local wally world were completely destroyed and the front glass broken out of the penny's, I avoid black friday at all costs. I don't even like to leave my house. Too much traffic, too many people and I'm not interested in most of the things on sale. My mom, OTOH, loves the sales.

YUM! I like to make a sandwich with taters, gravy, dressing with turkey as the "bread" Then I go back to sleep for a while, lol.
Happy early birthday Dace!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
After the doors in the local wally world were completely destroyed and the front glass broken out of the penny's, I avoid black friday at all costs.

I saw something like that on tv too. What a mess, a big hot mess!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
My hubby loves going shopping on Black Friday. I stay home with the kids and normally we haul out all the Christmas stuff, put up a tree etc...

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:hide

I'm under that chair with you, Ducks4you!

I spend the least amount of time possible in stores. I shop on days when most people are at work/school. If that means I pay for that peace of mind, so be it.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have gone black Friday shopping for the last 4 or 5 years - I am not normally looking for the newest thing that people fight over so I haven't (knocking on wood now) had any problems. Of course this year I need to buy new bikes so that may change :/ I really like being able to afford to get the boys some of the things that they want. I get a friend to go with me and we just enjoy spending time together and try to avoid the crazies :D

Latest posts