Stores giving it away?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
I went last year by myself to Walmart to get a new camera and got a really good deal on some electronic photo frames and memory cards but the electronics section was atrocious. I don't think I'll ever do it again unless i specifically need something. Hubby needed the new camera for his waterfowl business.

I may see about getting something online though but I don't know what I would buy.......do they sell chickens online on Black Friday??? :p
Ideal has Black Friday special going on on some of their stuff but not live birds. Maybe eggs? Discount code is friday.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hubby came home with two (that's right, two) shop vacs - they were only $18 (but why two? especially since we've got a nice shop vac here, and one up in Maine - ok, one can stay in the garage for the cars, but what to do with the other one? :rolleyes: ) and then went to Home Depot and bought himself a compressor he's had his eye on. Cost was partially offset by a left-over gift card from Christmas last year. I went to Kohl's and bought four bras that were on sale.

At Sears we did get a nice reciprocating saw for my eldest, so at least one Christmas present is all set.

mekasmom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
DD and I got up at 1AM, rushed to pick up DIL and son then rushed to Old Navy. The line was unbelievable. They opened at 3, but by the time we got in at 3:15 (due to the line), all the $5 fleece was gone. Then we rushed to Bergners, JC Pennys, and Macys. We spent about $25 at those places. Rushed to Target where there was another huge line, so we just left without even trying to get in. Grabbed a biscuit at McDs, went on to a couple of stores that opened at 6am. Both those went smoothly, so we finished up Christmas shopping there.
We were blessed at Home Depot. There was a huge line, but we used the Garden center door where there was no line at all. And after grabbing a few things there, I avoided the check--out lines by paying at the service desk. It was so easy and fast!
We were back home by 7AM, $200 poorer, but had a dozen or more presents purchased, and Christmas shopping finished.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
No Black Friday for me. I took advantage of Cyber Monday. Sunday night I went online signed into Old Navy's web site. Filled my shopping cart with 1 pair of jeans and 1 shirt for each grandchild.
Monday morning first thing, signed back in, went into my shopping cart, typed in MONDAY and got 20% off plus free shipping. So clothes for 6 boys plus an extra pair of jeans and shirt as a gift for 1 of them from my mom. That makes a total of 7 outfits plus some socks and underwear for a couple of them for approximately $21.00 each.

Total shopping time - 45 min.
Cost of gas to shop- 0
No Black Friday lines - priceless

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow 2 dream
that cyber monday treated you well.
and no stores!!

Latest posts