stuff

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Free, I'd love to stop in an visit you while I am on the right coast. Too bad I only have a week. It would be a looong drive from the Catskills to where you are anyhow.
Last time I tried to squeeze in a visit to my SIL in Pennsylvania. The folks got a little bent out of shape, so I decided not to visit the SIL.
My DS manages to visit friends all the time, but then she also visits the folks more often. She gets to fly out to NY, because of her job and then takes a detour :p

Oh, well.

I am dreaming of getting mobile home or rv at some point in the future and traveling across country. I'll stop by and visit everyone. Oh and Blossom and Flower are definitely coming with me. :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FD, I'm sure you could rig up an rv to include goats! Just imagine, a rack on the back with a portable pen! :lol:

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
You know, now that the kefir is a daily thing and I'm wanting to try more cheeses, Donki's 6 cups a day aren't seeming like enough. May have to breed her too.... Not sure I can handle two kiddings my first spring though. Not sure I can handle one!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
You know, now that the kefir is a daily thing and I'm wanting to try more cheeses, Donki's 6 cups a day aren't seeming like enough. May have to breed her too.... Not sure I can handle two kiddings my first spring though. Not sure I can handle one!
:lol: Told ya so!!!

You need to find a breeder like OFG's who will kid your does for you! (Don't even go there!!! :old )

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Henrietta23 said:

You need to find a breeder like OFG's who will kid your does for you! (Don't even go there!!! :old )
LOL, I'm going to keep eyes and ears open for a Nigi breeder who might have a buck I can breed her to for mini-nubians. We'll see. We're visiting a local goat farm today. They have saanens and oberhaslis and may even be where the saanen our vet bred his oberhaslis to are from. They do cheese tastings on October Sundays so we're going with some friends. :drool
Guess I better figure out how I'll know when Donki's in heat......

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Monique, if he gets too nasty and pushy.. Get on some old paint clothes or something similar, go in there, grab his feet from under him, just yank them out so he's on his side, and SIT on that nasty little punk! Just sit on him until he gives up and sighs and cools his jets.
This is making him submit to you and proving you as the alpha, the head honcho. There are exceptions to every rule, and in this case mating season might be that exception, but it should teach him that you aren't to be messed with.
I know I've done it before and it has certainly helped. Bit contrary to what I said before, but if all else fails, sit on the sucker! :p

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
freemotion said:
Henrietta23 said:

LOL, I'm going to keep eyes and ears open for a Nigi breeder who might have a buck I can breed her to for mini-nubians. We'll see. We're visiting a local goat farm today. They have saanens and oberhaslis and may even be where the saanen our vet bred his oberhaslis to are from. They do cheese tastings on October Sundays so we're going with some friends. :drool
Guess I better figure out how I'll know when Donki's in heat......
I wish you were closer I would let you use my registered Nigi buck to breed her.

Latest posts