Suburban Off-grid living

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I wouldn't post a legal name, mailing address, or easily identifiable pic of myself on any forum, but this one does have nice people.
I don't use facebook, cause they wont let me use my screen name instead of a legal name.

BTW- I read some of your older posts and that garden sounds wonderful. I'm jealous about the cherries, since they aren't normally grown in the south. What kind are you growing, in case they might work here?

S

sunsaver

Thanks for the links guys! I just spent 30 min. trying to login. Every time i changed pages it said i was not logged in. I must have logged in 10 times. That was really wierd. Probably a bad connection to the server.

Yeah, i'd like to get that book. And it sounds like your faith is the same as mine. I try to keep up to date on all the lastest discoveries in physics and astronomy. But each new discovery seems to prove that there really is a God, and that he has a wonderful sense of humor. Scientists are always finding out that what they once believed as fact is actually wrong, yet science never disproves anything from the bible. Archeologists are constantly finding evidence of events described in the bible, even quantum physics suggests now that our minds or souls, are not just in the brain, but are a quantum computer linked to every nerve in our body and every other atom in the universe by mysterious "strings" This infinite network of magic quantum strings could be part of Gods body. The holographic theory of the universe suggests that everything that will happen has already happened, but we are trapped on a thin slice of 3 dimensions, so we cant see into the future. If God is the universe, he sees and knows all things. Our job is to experience things as they come to pass, be surprised and amazed by God and worship him. I really feel sorry for those who are athiest or agnostic. Well I hope i did'nt offened anybody by expressing my religous beliefs.

Back to the garden. I'm trying to recreate the garden of Eden on a personal scale. I want to be able to walk around and eat freash picked fruits and nuts right off the vine. So far, i've got some good seosonal transitions. When the mulberries are done, the blackberries are ready. When the blackberries finish, the plums are ripe. When the plums are done the grapes and figs are ready, when they are done...well i got to find something, and then the pears are ready in the fall, and hopefully some fall bearing rasberries, if they can survive the heat down here.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Wow, I wish I had my fruits all mapped out like that! We do get a nice collection of berries through the summer but most of them are only good for the livestock, but still.

Your journal is your place to express your beliefs and ideas, you can say what you like here. I find it interesting to hear about different people's faiths and we are a very tolerant group. :p

S

sunsaver

:pOkay, i just spent 30 min. trying to sent a pm. I had to log in 6 times. I think my computer or internet connection is crapping out. If i disappear for a while, don't be surprised. Hopefully it won't mean i got deleted. if anybody out there has had trouble posting like this, please advise me here. I be checking in for tips. Thanks!

S

sunsaver

:pOkay, i just spent 30 min. trying to send a pm. I had to log in 6 times. I think my computer or internet connection is crapping out. If i disappear for a while, don't be surprised. Hopefully it won't mean i got deleted. if anybody out there has had trouble posting like this, please advise me. Ill be checking in here for tips, in the event that i'm no longer able to post. Thanks!

S

sunsaver

i think its working again. must be a weak internet connection.