Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello friends!
Could you pray for me?

I have looked for a job in the church here (as a janitor) and it would really change my life for the better if I got it!

Please!

/ Markus

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Yes, will be praying! Where ya been? We've missed you.
Thank's!

Well im just here and there, always something to do. :)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Update on the job interview yesterday. He was the first of twenty people to apply for the position. It may be a while befroe he hears anything. He came home kind of discouraged, not that they were discouraging in anyway, he just felt his skills/knowledge was not as up to date since he has worked in a specific area for so many years.

But, he is still in school for being a Paralegal and we will be ok for $$ for a year or so, if he doesn't get a job right away.

Thanks for everyone's prayers.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Rebbetzin, tell him he is not alone in the job quest. It can be so disheartening, but he'll find the right job in Gods time. DH struggled with that very thing for a couple years. :hugs to you all. I'll continue to pray :)

I have my own prayer request too. As some of you know(if you read my journal) we took in 3 guys this last week. One we found a job and place for, and another is planning on working here with/for us for a while, and the other has a job already, but just got booted out by his girlfriend. While I don't agree at all with how he was living(morally or financially), I know it's tough when you lose everything, and this young man is taking it particularly hard because there were children involved(not his) in the relationship as well. When me and my friend were talking to him, we simply told him to pray about things, and his response was he didn't know how to pray. My prayer request is for this entire household. For us, to be able to help him learn to pray, and find God if that is what he wishes to do, and for him, to be able to get his head screwed on straight and be able to get on his feet. He really is a sweet kid(he's 26), but he has a lot to learn on a lot of subjects relating to life in general. This has been a pretty bad blow to him, and he is taking it one little baby step at a time. We are hoping to guide him and instill in him that he needs to set goals and standards for himself, and boundaries for certain people who aren't healthy for him psychologically. He is really hurting right now, and has no family that will have anything to do with him. I just pray we can help him and show him, he has a family here that loves him and cares about him, and will continue to support him outside these four walls of ours here. He could really use the prayers right now, and we appreciate them all!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree, That is very kind of you to open your home to those fellows. I will keep you and them in my prayers.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Her tests were clear!! :woot :woot

Praying for your requests as well...