Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's great news!

I could use some prayers. As far as I know, tomorrow is my last day of work. I had hoped to work all 13 weeks of summer, this was only 8. We're very tight for money right now, and I find myself panicking when I think about no longer having that paycheck. Pray for me that either I'll find something else, or God will provide the money. And also, pray for me to be willing to accept God's will in all things. I'll admit that sometimes that's very hard for me to do. I want my way now, and too often find myself praying about a situation, then sitting back and trying to work it on my terms. I'm more or less telling God, Your will be done-as long as it's the same as mine.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
That's great news!

I could use some prayers. As far as I know, tomorrow is my last day of work. I had hoped to work all 13 weeks of summer, this was only 8. We're very tight for money right now, and I find myself panicking when I think about no longer having that paycheck. Pray for me that either I'll find something else, or God will provide the money. And also, pray for me to be willing to accept God's will in all things. I'll admit that sometimes that's very hard for me to do. I want my way now, and too often find myself praying about a situation, then sitting back and trying to work it on my terms. I'm more or less telling God, Your will be done-as long as it's the same as mine.
Deb, this had been my prayer for you for a long time, dear. ;) :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
That's great news!

I do that too...but am trying desperately to stop that. It's difficult to let go, isn't it? I think He gives us these times so that we can practice letting go and living on faith. If we never had hard times, how would we grow in this at all? I keep trying to tell myself that...

I'll be praying for you...this is something I am praying for myself every day too.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hey y'all, my DS could really use some prayers. Right now, he's really having a lot of trouble w/everything. Hubby is all upset, trying to figure out what he can do to help, and is mad at me. He thinks I don't care. But the thing is, this is what I've been praying for for years. My son is running from God and he's about at the end of his rope. I tried talking to hubby about it, but since he's also running from God, he doesn't want to hear it. So, if y'all could say a prayer for both of them, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yes! This is something I understand...have many in my family running from God or any mention thereof. :hugs

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks, Bee. Sometimes I'd be so alone if it wasn't for my friends here.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
One thing ...I imagine there are many like you, alone in their families and homes, separate in their beliefs and needing to know that there is someone out there with the same heart for God. I, too, am often alone and feeling like the rest of the world exists behind a glass and cannot hear or see what I hear or see.

Sometimes it can feel like we are all alone among mankind. It helps me to know that you feel that separateness and alone-ness also. :hugs

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DD..... praying for your son,and your family :hugs.