Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Denim Deb said:
How true! And, while I'm sure most of us on here that are professing Christians aren't ashamed of Jesus, I'm sure we all, in one way or another, deny Him. How often do we let a chance for witnessing go by, or not object when someone uses the Lord's name in vain. I'm guilty of this myself, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
:hides

BUT Im working on it! Im gonna crack heads soon!
:lol: you're so aggressive little bro....no need to "crack heads" :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Farmfresh said:
My D1 ended up causing her teacher to stop the evolution training early. :D ;)

She was so well educated by hubby (and me some) that she had a reasonable question the teacher could not answer or a scientific counter for EVERYTHING the teacher had to offer. :D Frustrated the teacher (and made her VERY mad as well) to the point that she just gave up! :clap

It takes much more faith to believe the story of evolution than it does to prove Creation.
What was the question I may have to put it in my arsenal?????
Jonathan Wells books are very helpful and so is the movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. That one is on Netflix instant view. ;)

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd just had this same conversation with my aunt who is an atheist a couple days ago. I posted this article on my fb because I found it curious, how worked up the study's authors were over findings that most teachers will not teach evolution with conviction.

My husband and I teach a summer creation club at our church and we study with our kids the theory of evolution and recent scientific studies along side creation so that the kids can learn to work on their critical thinking skills and spot many of the assumptions behind the individual "evidences" for evolution. Science is right in line with creation too, and neither position can be definitively proven because it can't be observed or repeated! Both creationists and evolutionists handle the same data and evidence, but interpret it differently from their respective starting points. I love the ministry of Answers in Genesis . They have a team of PhD scientists in most every discipline. Evolutionists would like to convince you that you cannot be a scientist and still believe in creation, but that is not at all the case.

You are right, Bee, that we enjoy much more religious freedom here in WV. I guess we are considered so inconsequential that they just leave us alone. LOL

I started supporting Voice of the Martyrs a few months ago and reading about the heavy persecution of Christians in other countries has really convicted me to stand strong in my witness for Christ. If the worst persecution I have to face is the scorn of a sharp-tongued liberal, I can handle that. Knowing that in some countries people leave for work in the morning and don't know if they'll make it home at night--they could be stopped at any moment and demanded to renounce Christ or die and there are so many stories of those who would not deny Jesus.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Denim Deb said:
How true! And, while I'm sure most of us on here that are professing Christians aren't ashamed of Jesus, I'm sure we all, in one way or another, deny Him. How often do we let a chance for witnessing go by, or not object when someone uses the Lord's name in vain. I'm guilty of this myself, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Remember Im in public schools................. :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:

Remember Im in public schools................. :D
:rolleyes: all the more reason to be a role model not to lash out. :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Guilty.

I guess because I am a newer Christian and not as well versed in the bible as so many of you I do have a hard time broaching the subject of God and my personal walk with Jesus. In my area (probably most of the US) it is not openly talked about unless it is with members of your church family or close friends who are also of Christian faith.....I guess you really don't know where someone is unless you open up the conversation....I am just not sure how.

Ideas?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Dace said:
Denim Deb said:
Guilty.

I guess because I am a newer Christian and not as well versed in the bible as so many of you I do have a hard time broaching the subject of God and my personal walk with Jesus. In my area (probably most of the US) it is not openly talked about unless it is with members of your church family or close friends who are also of Christian faith.....I guess you really don't know where someone is unless you open up the conversation....I am just not sure how.

Ideas?
Countenance..the way a Christian carries themselves..speaks for itself most of the time. I have random folks approach me rather than me brining it up. If we openly give God glory then folks will look at you differently. Saying things like Praise God rather than Thank God which has become commonplace terminology will change the way people see you. When they SEE something different...they start to ask questions. If God is working on them...you'll know, and if not...you'll KNOW ;)

I have been guilty of not taking opportunities to witness, but sometimes I think it is God working on us to show us ways we missed and the twinge of guilt feeling of NOT doing it, or NOT recognizing opportunity is His way of sharpening our minds so that when the next opportunity arises...we're ready to let Him shine :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Dace said:
Denim Deb said:
Guilty.

Ideas?
For me, it just seems to "happen". I'm not out pushing my faith - most of my social interaction is at work where "diversity and inclusion" is being foisted upon us, that is, unless your Christian beliefs are involved. We have a small "underground" network. :D

What I try to do is to remain calm and positive through adversity, always holding up honesty and integrity. Sometimes, you get asked how you can be so calm in a tense or difficult situation, then blam-o, an opening happens. :D

***What WBF said, posting at the same time as me. :lol: