Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I have a praise tonight! We admitted a man today who had suffered for some time with cancer. He had just returned from the hospital today and died later this evening. I'd never met the man or his family but was on call, so went out to the house to pronounce his death.

This house was beautiful and so was the family....all 30-40 people in the home!!! I've never seen such a gathering of family at a bedside. They were mostly quiet and some were tearful when I arrived, but one after another stated the man had been sure of where he was going and was ready to go. He must have been and his family all around him~and his relationship with God~ must have been the way to peace and had given him blessings to go on home, because he died peacefully and in no pain or distress.

The most amazing part that made my heart swell with love in all directions? This family sat at bedside while waiting an hour for the funeral home to arrive and sang song after song of praise and worship together. I've never seen a family so full of love for God and for their dad/husband/brother. I joined in the singing and cried along with the rest as I sang...but not in sorrow. I cried for love of the Father, for fellowship with this Christian family, for joy that one soul had went to be with the Savior and had apparently influenced many more souls in his family towards a life for Christ.

Victory in Jesus, my friends! I can just imagine the holy angel chorus welcoming home this man and loved ones running with open arms! As I left the home, after sending my patient along with the funeral director, they were singing Lord, I'm Coming Home.....I'm still crying over it. :love
What a beautiful story. That's how I want to go- with my family around and singing worship songs and no doubt in their heart where I'll be!

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Prayer request:

Today something happened that just has me sad :hit and angry :somad at the same time. It has to do with rules and regulations, what is politically acceptable and what is not. I don't want to get kicked off this website for flaming or whatever.
Although I am not an addict, I feel the Serenity Prayer is appropriate right now:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. Amen!

Connie

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Don't take it to heart CC .... you posted a picture to be proud of, giving the purpose of this forum, being self-sufficient. I bet you that for the ones that took offense, two or more thought it was an amazing picture! Don't let anybody ever take away from an accomplishment for yourself. If YOU feel it was an accomplishment, it was, regardless of others' opinions. The fact that you're donating it to people who are in need of the nourishment it will provide is also what this forum is about, the giving and sharing of ideas, thoughts and resources. :hugs

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am sorry someone complained about that photo. I thought it was awesome. Elk is delicious and you have to kill it before you eat it!!!

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Connie, I did not see the picture in question but we can not always know what will be offense to others. I know I have posted what I did not mean to be offensive, only to learn I had offended others. Please do not be hard on your self:hugs

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:) Thanks everyone. I gave up the anger and sadness to the Lord. I love that he is always there for us when we need him.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Giving it up to the Lord is the best thing you can do. At prayer meeting tonight, we were talking about situations where someone does something that hurts us. And, how what you need to do is pray for the person. After all, that's what the Bible commands us to do. I can't remember how the verse goes exactly, and my Bible's in the truck. (It started to pour just as I got home, and I didn't want it to get messed up since it's still new.), but we're told to love our enemies as ourselves and pray for those that despitefully use you, and not to overcome evil w/evil, but overcome evil w/good for in so doing, we're heaping coals of fire on their heads. And, I'm willing to admit, I had trouble doing that. I've found that I often hold grudges, and it's not healthy, nor right. So, I'll be praying for God to rid me of that, and plan to spend more time in prayer for those I have a problem with.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Deb you are so right.

Let go of smaller things that upset you as fast as you can. Why be sad a moment longer in your life then you need to be.

As I get older, I sure let things go faster. I realize little annoyances will just drive ya insane if you don't let go! :)

I hear ya tho CC!!

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Absolutely agree! I'm not one to hold a grudge anymore, been there done that. Age does help with that. But I struggle not to let something like this upset me throughout the day. I need to savor each precious moment God has given me here on earth, and not let the little stuff get to me, even for one day. My guess is, the person who posted the comment which upset me the most probably didn't give it a second thought. She probably went about her day as usual...while I went through my day stewing about it! Which basically means I let her own my emotions via her comment :he . That's why I gave those feelings up to God...:weee Thank you Jesus!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We have our first parenting class tonight. It's "just" orientation, and who knows what that will mean with a parenting class :hu I'm ready though :cool: Please pray for our situation with the kiddos. I want God's will, not mine, for both us and these children.