Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What a great group of people we have on this forum........ It is good to hear how strong you are in your belief and still have respect for other's beliefs.

MarylandFutureFarmGuy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
lazyday said:
What a great group of people we have on this forum........ It is good to hear how strong you are in your belief and still have respect for other's beliefs.
Well we're not all like our ancestor's waging war of a land that is 50 percent desert :p

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I do feel it is necessary to have some knowledge of the Torah in order to understand the Old Testiment, but that is just me. Just as studying any subject requires a field of information to get a good grasp on it, it isn't just one book.

MarylandFutureFarmGuy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh NO! Its been almost 8 days with nothing in One of Sufficient Self's most popular threads!

Quick Question for you all: Do you find differences (in attitude, language, type of narratives, etc...) between the Old Testament and the New Testament?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I do, to a large degree. But, then that'd be normal considering there are hundreds of years span there ;)

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
MarylandFutureFarmGuy said:
Oh NO! Its been almost 8 days with nothing in One of Sufficient Self's most popular threads!

Quick Question for you all: Do you find differences (in attitude, language, type of narratives, etc...) between the Old Testament and the New Testament?
OMG! Did I kill a thread already?

Absolutely!! Is the answer to your question. I believe the Old Testament is written from a Jewish stand point and the New Testament written from a Christian stand point. Two totally different views and narratives.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MarylandFutureFarmGuy said:
We've gone longer than 8 days newbie ;) Sometimes we just don't have time, or much to say :p

But now it's time for a praise report :D Today is hubby's first day on the new job!! He was SO nervous this morning, as it has been about 4 years since he had a REAL job with a REAL large company like he's used to working for. It would have been 4 years come December, and he was concerned about being able to keep up the pace. I think he'll do fine, it's not like he's sat on his tail for 4 years. He has worked hard around here, just a different kind of work. So anyway, THANK GOD for the job! Would you all please keep him in your prayers throughout the day today. He could use all the comfort, and support as he merges back into a very physically demanding job. Thanks everyone :)

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:weee :weee :clap I hope your DH had a terrific day. I bet you did to :lol:

Latest posts