Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I would definitely pray about it, and be looking for somewhere else to go should you feel it necessary. It doesn't sound like a growing church, or a good fit for you and your family. Sorry Buff :hugs

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Ya'll do remember us as make a change. Thanks for your feedback.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Buff, I made a change at the beginning of the year and I'm happy w/where I'm going. It's such a better fit for me. I balked at first, even though I wasn't overly happy where I was going. But, I felt the Lord leading me to this other church. So I followed His leading and started visiting at times in the evening. Then I took a Sunday morning off and went there. And I KNEW that that was where I needed to go. I'm more relaxed about going and am eager to go. I used to dread Sundays. I no longer do.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Buff, I made a change at the beginning of the year and I'm happy w/where I'm going. It's such a better fit for me. I balked at first, even though I wasn't overly happy where I was going. But, I felt the Lord leading me to this other church. So I followed His leading and started visiting at times in the evening. Then I took a Sunday morning off and went there. And I KNEW that that was where I needed to go. I'm more relaxed about going and am eager to go. I used to dread Sundays. I no longer do.
That is how we are. We have been going to this other place for the last year in the evenings, and love it. So this may become our home church.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have two requests on my heart tonight.

A friend of mine lost her guardian & grandmother tonight. It wasn't a surprise, and the Lord had seemingly kept her hear a lot longer than anyone thought she would be. She had massive stroke last year, and she has been in and out of the nursing home, and hospital every since. This friend she needs our prayers she has no one. Mother died a brutal death when she was little, and her dad doesn't even claim her. She is also, from what I hear, getting into alcohol and drugs. She needs Jesus for sure. I have no idea if her grandmother was a born-again Christian. That family needs our prayers.

I know this shouldn't bother me, but she put a big post on Facebook about how heaven gained a new angel and so on. From what conclusions I could draw, I don't think she was a faithful born-again Christian at most. Something WE need to remember and understand is that not everyone is going to heaven. "Many are called, but few are chosen."

Onto a lighter note.

I have not confided this to anybody yet and I don't think it is time for a public announcement. However, I have a burning need in my heart to teach and preach the gospel. Its there and as the days go by it is harder to ignore. I know I am not ready too, but the time is surely coming. Pray for me with this. I desire your prayers for sure.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Buffy, just remember how you live your life can be a good way to "preach". Plus, while you may not be ready to be a minister yet, you can still teach others, whether it's by teaching a Sunday school class, Junior church or whatever.

And I hear ya on not everyone goes to heaven. I'm going on a weekend trail ride this weekend. Last time I went, I got asked at the last minute to do a devotional service. If I get asked again this time, I'll be ready. My topic is actually on that very subject.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I agree with Deb. There are more sermons caught than taught, in the way we carry on our everyday lives. There is purpose for everyone little brother. Let's hope that girl finds hers and finds Jesus in the process. Maybe you cna be a helpful influence. :hugs

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BB, Ill be praying for you and your friend and for Him to put your feet on the path he wants you to take. I need prayers too. I don't doubt my salvation but I'm not where I was. Our church was wonderful and growing and people were being saved every week then satan stepped through the door and almost destroyed it by attacking our preacher in a major way. Long story short he was doing stuff he shouldn't and then lyed to the church. Its not been the same since. last Sunday there were 7 people at Sunday school.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Is the minister still there, and if so, has he been disciplined?

Latest posts