SufficientSelf.com Forum Ideas, Feedback, Suggestions

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
risurocket said:
I don't know, should we keep the livestock section over at BYC? Since there is so much crossover, this could turn into the spill over site... no offense intended - my coffee hasn't kicked in to help with brainstorming yet....hmm maybe there should be a livestock section over here, otherwise we would constantly be referring people back over there even if they weren't interested in chickens... hmmm. *shrug* more coffee.... ;)
Very good point. We'll need to be careful. There will always be crossover on topics, that is to be expected (we already see it on BYC and www.TheEasyGarden). With that said, we can try our best to minimize it so each forum has its own identity and focus. Even if there is crossover, that's fine... it is all in the family and all the forums will be designed to complement one another and support each other. Kinda like very close siblings... there may be some similarities in personalities, but they are still separate and distinct individuals that love and boost one another up! :D

Attachments

• mysql-cpu-usage.jpg
    mysql-cpu-usage.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Nifty, there are some folks back on the BYC that are having some technical difficulties with getting registered and logged on this site. Can they address these issues to the usual forum issues category on BYC to get answers to their questions about this site?
I'm going to start a new thread over there in the next few hours (fingers crossed) and they can reply to that.

Thanks!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
mirime said:
Which btw, could you put a link to TEG at the top of this site like you do for BYC?

As a member of all three, it's nice to easily navigate that way.
As things develop with all the sister sites I'll format a common "footer" at the bottom of all the sites so it will be easy to access each from the other.

risurocket

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Nifty said:
...Even if there is crossover, that's fine... it is all in the family and all the forums will be designed to complement one another and support each other. Kinda like very close siblings... there may be some similarities in personalities, but they are still separate and distinct individuals that love and boost one another up! :D
As how all good sister/sibling forums *should* be run. great job with all of them! :clap

lengel

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
lengel wrote:
I would like to see some kind of forum that addresses edible/usable plants and tree products. When I was a child, we used to collect nuts from our local trees. Now I have no idea of what's on our property - and none of our neighbors do either.
You mean Wildcrafting? Gathering ginseng, medicinal herbs, edible wild greens, fruits, nuts, etc.

Isn't this so fun? I think Beekeeping is a must, though, for any self-sufficient homesteader....I can't wait to get mine next spring! No more buying sugar! :weee I'll know just what is in my sweetener, salves, lip balms, candles, bread, and other things I can make with all the end products!
Wildcrafting. Yeah. That. See, I've learned something new already! MIL used to help feed her family off of this property by just picking stuff up off the ground so I know we have some good stuff. Just don't know what it is.

Definitely do bee related stuff. My next door neighbor has a hive but doesn't want to put in the time for chickens. So we trade. Works beautifully.

yotetrapper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
<<Thread Heads: Quilting, knitting, Spinning, etc>>

Really like this idea!! As well as wildcrafting.

Latest posts