Suing McDonalds

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
They're better than sugar though. Yes I know the carbs turn in to sugar. However the carbs do supply some energy for a little while and are considered brain food.
They are definitely NOT brain food. Healthy natural fats and protein are brain food

There are chip and then there are chips. Pretzels, cheese nips, goldfish crackers and baked not fried chips are all good nutritionally.
Frying is not what makes snacks like this unhealthy. It is the refined wheat, corn, rice, soy and hydrogenated and/or vegetable oils like soy and canola that make them unhealthy. Any nutrition you get from them comes from artificial fortification.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
There are chip and then there are chips. Pretzels, cheese nips, goldfish crackers and baked not fried chips are all good nutritionally.
Frying is not what makes snacks like this unhealthy. It is the refined wheat, corn, rice, soy and hydrogenated and/or vegetable oils like soy and canola that make them unhealthy. Any nutrition you get from them comes from artificial fortification.
Hydrogenated fats are bad. I totally agree with this. The cheesy types of crackers all seem to have at least some measure of good protein in them. The pretzels and baked chips are really more of a lesser evil.

If you really want to feed your kids quality stuff there are many brands of whole grain snack crackers, whole grain pretzels, chips made from all different veggies including squash, beets, carrots and my favorites sweet potatoes!

The key to a good snack is read the label. If you don't keep the ingredient in your kitchen for daily cooking chances are your kid doesn't need to be eating it. Also the fewer ingredients the better. example: "Corn chips contain ... Corn, corn oil, salt" or the bag of snacks that says "contains ... roasted peanuts".

I bought some ice cream the other day. Since I am Celiac (gluten free) I am a chronic label reader. Imagine my delight when I read the back of Blue Bunny Premium Natural Home-style Vanilla ice cream and it said: milk, sugar, cream and vanilla.

dagaul101

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
For some reason anything cooked or baked taste delicious except when fried, can't ever get rid of the taste of burning oil :(

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Marshmallow Man said:
We have one daughter that loves all fruits and most veggies. Another daughter loves all fruits and no veggies, Both boys want nothing but carbs and sugar. They will eat grapes and Cuties. Eggs, neat and cheese are a struggle. Thanks for the ideas. We want to save money but we want them to get something out of their lunches. I just get mad when their lunch sack comes home with a wasted sandwich. I hate it when food gets wasted.
Hard to be a a houdini when it comes to feeding kids lol
everyone has their own tastes and desires and keeping track of the best way to feed each can be a pain lol

I hate wasted food with kids also but it seems normal

one week Nicole will eat like a truck driver, the next week she barely eats and says she isn't hungry. I swear it just has to do "with them growing up" or something lol

I agree FF there are "good junky snacks" and "bad junky snacks"

I just pick the better ones I can and go from there lol

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Marshmallow Man said:
We have one daughter that loves all fruits and most veggies. Another daughter loves all fruits and no veggies, Both boys want nothing but carbs and sugar. They will eat grapes and Cuties. Eggs, neat and cheese are a struggle. Thanks for the ideas. We want to save money but we want them to get something out of their lunches. I just get mad when their lunch sack comes home with a wasted sandwich. I hate it when food gets wasted.
I hate wasting food, too, so the kids are welcome to eat missed lunch food for snack when they come home.