Suing McDonalds

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Anyone else ever experience the dreaded wooden spoon?

(My mom broke quite a few over my butt)
Oh yeah! And those paddle toys with the rubber ball on the stretchy cord. As soon as the cord broke Mom snagged the paddle part for future use. :hide

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wooden spoons, cutting boards, those paddles with the balls I remember those too! Haha...my mom did the same!
The worst was the razor strap...anyone ever have one of those used on your backside? They sting for hours after and leave huge welts.
My aunt was relentless with the razor strap...and she used willows too. made you peel 'em before she used them, they sting!

My dad always had his weapon wrapped around his waste and ready at a seconds notice...you didn't get away from that no matter where you were...and if you started whining in the car while driving by McDonalds after he said no to a happy meal, he'd stop in the next parking lot past and use it to show us who was boss

My moms best was the plastic cooking utensils...:D
My kids got the plastic cooking utensils a few times too from me...:hide

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
No, my mom liked switches cut from cherry trees. :hide Stung like the dickens, left a 10 second welt, but you sure as heck didn't do whatever it was you'd done EVER again!
We had Apple trees. We also were forced to go out and cut the switch she was about to use on you. Talk about double indemnity! And by God you better not bring her one that she felt was to short! :th
Hell hath no fury like my momma when she was pizzed off at you!

Oh.....and one more thing.........you always knew you were in for it if she used your FIRST, MIDDLE AND LAST NAME when she called you!! :ep

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
My moms best was the plastic cooking utensils...:D
Remember the Fuller Brush? The one with the LONG handle with the square head? Man I had THAT one a few times(until it accidentally got broke one day :D )

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Anyone else ever experience the dreaded wooden spoon?

(My mom broke quite a few over my butt)
Nope, for very serious infractions, it was a wire coat hanger. One or two swats, even with my hands on my rear, hurt!!!!!!!!!!

DH made me a spank paddle when the kids were young. Most of the time, all I had to do was get it out of the drawer, threaten, and whoooopppp!! two kids in line, doing exactly what I wanted them to do.

I offered the spank paddle to DD, and she said that nah, her and her hubby don't want to raise the kids that way.

hmmmmmm

Gotta love : "keep it up, and I'll give you something to cry about" or when they used our first and middle name!!!! Run for the hills!!!!!

theegghunter

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
No, my mom liked switches cut from cherry trees. :hide Stung like the dickens, left a 10 second welt, but you sure as heck didn't do whatever it was you'd done EVER again!
We had Apple trees. We also were forced to go out and cut the switch she was about to use on you. Talk about double indemnity! And by God you better not bring her one that she felt was to short! :th
Hell hath no fury like my momma when she was pizzed off at you!

Oh.....and one more thing.........you always knew you were in for it if she used your FIRST, MIDDLE AND LAST NAME when she called you!! :ep
Check, check, and double check!! Been there, done that so to speak! My favorite, (NOT), was the DREADED orange plastic race track pieces and yard sticks!
We kids got the choice of EITHER, a whole hamburger, no cheese, cost extra, or a whole order of fries, we would split the other. One pop for us all!! We didn't know any different!! I didn't know what a banana split was until my oldest DD was born and my FIL bought me one for giving him a girl!!
I really can't stand to hear parents say that they "just can't spank in public"! When I have my oldest two grandkids, if I say no to something, they know to drop it or "Grammy will pop my on my heiny" And I will! If someone wants to make a big deal out of a quick swat on the butt, there is something severly wrong!!
BTW...quick antidote: ~me as a kid, to my father, in the car~ "Daddy, where are we going?" "For a ride"...~10 minutes later..."Daddy, where are we going?" "WE ARE GOING THIS WAY AND IF YOU ASK ME ONE MORE TIME, WE ARE TURNING AROUND AND GOING HOME!" I then knew that the conversation was over and I probably would be better off looking out the window and enjoy the scenery!!!!;)

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
We could go to McDonalds where every one got a hamburger or cheeseburger of their own, shared a large french fries and either drank a milk each OR (depending on the actual budget at the time) SHARED a large drink (free refills you know!) OR we could eat sandwiches at home. No toys, No frills just basic burger and fries.

It was a treat to eat out even without the fancy toys. By the time they were old enough to read they were figuring out how to get the best "bang for their buck" everywhere. Two of my kids are still very frugal. The other one ..... she is a story all her own.
Oh my gosh, FF, I think we grew up in the same family! :lol:

theegghunter

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Adding this because my ISP is NOT playing nice!!
Do these parents not realize that they are NOT doing the children any favors by giving in??!! YIKES! When my granddaughter is with my son, she acts like an out of control circus animal, and this is okay with him, she comes here and is totally please and thank you! She knows that I hold her responsible for her actions, therefore, she is good for me!! grrrr...that boy, HE needs to be taken back to the wood shed!!!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hey OFG, I have a metal sign hanging in my living room that simply says, "Because I said so!" :lol:

I never got spanked, my parents never let it get that far. They kept an old arrow (minus the point) above the kitchen threshold in plain sight. All they had to say was, "Do I need to get 'the stick'?"

My mom's best advice when I had my daughter was "no means no".

And we ONLY got McDonalds when we drove up to Wisconsin once a year. We all had to get the little cheeseburgers, even the dog. :p