Tamlynn's journal that needs an interesting name -I'm a gramma -pics!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Welcome back! And, that's quite a blessing to have.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hubby and i spent a good 6 hours on our community garden plot this weekend. It had been neglected for quite a while and the kids and i had been making progress, but we just needed a big push to get it planting ready. We finished pulling up the rest of the crabgrass, i know its never really all the way gone, and hauled countless wheelbarrow loads of horse manure. The city provide free piles of composted horse manure from a local stable. Then we worked on the sprinkler system, the city provides the water, and planted some of the plants i started from seed! I planted broccoli, cauliflower, Savoy cabbage and beets. Some potatoes are coming up. It feels good to have that done, now the kids and i can keep it under control with just weekly visits.

Its been unseasonably hot here, in the 80s, with record breaking drought. We've already had one forest fire that covered the sky with smoke and dropped ash on us. Will be praying for rain.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Same here. They're calling for lows in the single digits, and snow here.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A few months ago got a bee in my bonnet about having a clothesline. I have a tiny yard, but we have a nice wooden playset. I bought six screw eyes and put them into the playset below the monkey bars and from one corner to the other across the L shape of the playset. Got some thin nylon rope from the room of requirement, aka garage, and voila a clothesline! At first my goal was to line dry two batches of laundry a week, then all jeans, sheets and towels, and now i am rarely using my dryer at all! I've had a few rainy days, and we're humid and foggy enough here that clothes usually take all day to dry, but I've found i enjoy the routine! Plus the smell of line dried clothes is heavenly. I use a half cup of vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser and that helps the clothes not to be so stiff when they dry. I hang wet shirts on hangers and hook them right on the monkey bars, leaving more room on the clothesline. Cant wait to see the dent in my next electric bill!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I try to plan my laundry around the weather. When I stopped using the dryer, my electric bill went way down.

Latest posts