TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do you fry or bake that?

I found a great recipe for chicken tenders in corn meal I want to try. I also saw corn flower at the bulk foods store. I need to add it to my pantry.

I found Bob's Red Mill flour mix on line. Direct from Bob's you can get a 25lb bag. Shipping is steep but it averaged out to like 1.50 per pound. Which is wayyy cheaper than anything I can find locally.

I guess I will keep my eye open for an incubator on line. :idunno

g

ps how are you feeling today?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We like to fry it, but it will work either way!

You can pick one up fairly cheap at TSC.

Better today. Sort of walking, but trying to stay off of it as much as possible.

Hubby went to work, but I suspect that he gave orders to GEEK son next door to check on me. AND he did chicken chores before he left.

He just called to check as well. No wonder he says I give him gray hair! :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My dh says the same thing. But he doesn't have gray hair. I do!!! And lots of it!

Good to hear you up and moving.

I would love it if we had a TSC here. I think they ship right? I can probably find one chap somewhere.

g

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I was going to mention that our Hy Vee grocery store near by has recently started caring GF foods in a dedicated aisle! It has been a big draw for folks.

Don't be afraid to look up the manager of your local grocery and ASK for the stuff you need. You are not alone in needing it. :) I have several smaller groceries now carrying GF bread mix, flours and noodles because I asked. They keep selling it because of demand.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Yup they have on line ordering.

Incubators You may be able to find used for less, but be sure and sterilize them with bleach water.

Any way at $15.00 a pop you will be in the money within the first 6 poults! Then everything is gravy.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have GF everywhere. You know I have found that by just changing to the Bob's mix I really don't need to many pre packaged things. I cook so much from whole foods already.

It's just a couple things so far. Anything made with flour. Of course, bread for DD, gravy, biscuits etc.. I am using more potatoes and less pasta. The other night I made Italian sausage with rice elbow noodles and a spaghetti squash side dish. Everyone ate it and loved it.

I am trying to incorporate fish once a week now and that's going well.

Funny story, I was buying raw milk at the grocery yesterday and this lady asked me "Why raw?". I didn't know where to start. I recommended she look up the Weston Price foundation. It's all I could think of to tell her. I know why I do it but had a really hard time explaining it to her. It was very awkward.

weird I know.

g

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Humidity is easy. Keep it between 30-60%. More towards the 60 or higher on the last 3 days. You can get a hydrometer from wally world for less than $10. People argue different ranges, but that range works very well.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I have been dilly dallying around today. I did my morning chores, vacuumed, moved the wash through and made beds. I have a dishwasher acting up. So kitchen is taking a bit longer than normal.

I just went out and turned the manure in the garden beds.

I picked some carrots, shared with the dog and rabbit.

I need to make bread and muffins but dd get out of school in 30 min. I will need to go down the hill to get her. I think I will wait until I get back.

So I found a cool picture of my house. I was hesitant to put it on the board. But I might not own it much longer so whatever. I'm over it.

This is last spring when the garden was just coming around. Right where the stairs go down to the drive way there are actually a couple fence panels missing. Well the fence is around the yard but it looks kinda weird.

Anyways. This is where I live.
333_img_1807.jpg

hey anyone want to buy it????? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.