TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Those dresses are adorable, you did a great job!

I have not purchased any DE yet for the chicken coop...where do you get yours?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My feed store sells it in 2 lb zip locks but I think I am just going to order a 50lb bag. I know the lady is not happy about it, she has a big mark up on those little bags.

Country Feed, East Vista Way Vista.

g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I use it on the garden and I haven't had any problems with it....I dust everything once a month unless we get a ton of rain and then just when it looks like it needs it. Just remember to get Food Grade DE.

The dresses turned out beautifully! The good thing is that they can wear them over and over cause the pattern isn't too over the top. I would make more clothes for my DD but my granny keeps taking her shopping :rolleyes:.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks, I enjoy making the dresses for the girls. Very easy and they only took a few hours over a two day period.

Thanks for the info on DE. I did a bunch of reading in regards to it last year. I just was not sure if it worked on all bugs and how it reacted to the water.

g

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I do use DE in my garden, but in its not useful for some pest. I used milky spore a few years ago to battle japanese beetles. In my neck of the woods, they are a tyrant.

Looking good.... Those dresses are very nice, a little late with the praise, but I would model one.

I am sorry you taters failed, get in line with Wanda, my taters are flowering right now and doing good. The girls decided that they would have a scratch in the baskets, my fault, but their doing fine. But in the last 7 years, its worked. Could be a Zone issue, from 7 here to 5 and still growing taters.... Hmmmm.

How is everything else going?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thursday July ????????? I don't know I'll fill it in later. Sometime around 4 am

I woke up about an hour ago. Kinda having an anxiety attack. Not knowing if I should climb out of bed and be quiet or try to go back to sleep.

On a positive note I have had a couple people respond to my egg add on craigslist. My new layers are coming on strong. I am up to 9 a day and the eggs are getting big quick.

Garden is doing well,, even though it's hot as heck here.

I have been taking the kids swimming and to the movies two things to keep them happy and cool.

Dog is driving me crazy, he needs a friend to play with.

Well, that's about it for me. Just another week.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hang in there Gina...things will shake out soon!

Where do you get your chicks? I want a few more, Dh wants some white egg layers and my little girls wants Barred Rock :)
I am not sure if I want babies...as adorable as they are they are a bit of work and a long time before getting eggs, I think I would maybe like a few started pullets that are white egg layers. Any suggestions? I searched on line for poultry breeder and only found one option and they don't have what I want.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Dace said:
Hang in there Gina...things will shake out soon!

Where do you get your chicks? I want a few more, Dh wants some white egg layers and my little girls wants Barred Rock :)
I am not sure if I want babies...as adorable as they are they are a bit of work and a long time before getting eggs, I think I would maybe like a few started pullets that are white egg layers. Any suggestions? I searched on line for poultry breeder and only found one option and they don't have what I want.
Dace, I would check the bulletin boards at the local Tractor Supply and the feed stores. We have a local breeder less than 3 miles from us and she is not on the internet because she is not interested in shipping chicks or adult birds. So you may find you have a local breeder near you that is like our friend Betty.... just a thought.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ok, thanks. I have to go back to the feed store (I go to lakeside) on Sat to pick up my 50 lb bag of DE :he yeah 50 lbs. It's the only way they sell it and I just wanted to get this little chore over with. I paid last week, but they were out, so now I get to go back!
Anyway, I will check out their bulletin board, which I never really look at.

What breeds does your friend have?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Dace said:
ok, thanks. I have to go back to the feed store (I go to lakeside) on Sat to pick up my 50 lb bag of DE :he yeah 50 lbs. It's the only way they sell it and I just wanted to get this little chore over with. I paid last week, but they were out, so now I get to go back!
Anyway, I will check out their bulletin board, which I never really look at.

What breeds does your friend have?
Light Brahmas
Cochins - Black, Blue
Marans - Cuckoo, Black Copper
Buckeyes
Peafowl, Blue and something else
Sebastipol Geese
Guineas - Pearl, Lavender
and a couple others I can't remember :)

Status
Not open for further replies.