TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks you guys . I should have probly tried to clean the wound first but I was kind of in panic mode . the little guy seems to be doing okay not too sure though . I did go back to the coop to check the eggs again. sure enough there's another 1 pipping . I'm gonna try to get this 1 out of the coop tonight in into the brooder.

wish me luck !!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Nice rescue! I would thnk the super glue by itself would be enough.... have you ever gotten into a paper cut? Yowch!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Well, it makes sense to me- they use a version of super glue in some cases instead of stitches in the ER now. Good luck with the little guy! Be interesting to hear how he does.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I carry super glue in my first aid kit. I've been told (don't know if it's true or not) that it can be used on an emergency basis for wounds in both people and horses.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, they have a product called Dermabond. My sil the nurse uses it on skin wounds and gave some to other family members. Who have used it.

It is very expensive. I think I will just stick to the super glue. Not sure the little guy is going to make it though. He's kinda sluggish. :( It was a pretty bad wound. Not sure who gave it to him..

I think next year I am going to buy an incubator.

On another note. I was going over my extended pantry storage. I really want to buy some bulk items from Azure Standard but there are no open drop points near me. And I don't want to order 500 bucks worth of stuff. :(

Dh is backing down on buy animals from the fair. Not sure if we should spend such a huge chunk of cash on meat. :smack

I compared some prices to Emergency Essentials. It looks like buying the grain locally, the mylar bags, lids etc.. I only save about 3 bucks per bucket. It might be worth just ordering from EE and having it conveniently delivered to my front door. :hu

I need to look over my other stuff. I feel like something is missing.

not sure what it is.

g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
OFG is totally gonna steal that idea....I can see her out in the barnyard with a tube of super glue now....:lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
OFG is totally gonna steal that idea....I can see her out in the barnyard with a tube of super glue now....:lol:
But the question is, will she use if for just 1st aid, or will she use if for other things. I can just picture it now. It's too early for a goat to start kidding, so she super glues it shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.