TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wonder if she makes house calls.

I think I would be a bit nervous taking my goats to someone else, especially if it was just for a couple days.

The goats probably wouldn't like it either.

So whats up with you? Are you a cheese making fool??

I have not caught up on all my reading but saw some new threads. I hope your cheese goes well.

Sunday June 12th

Not much here. I had a couple cousins spend the night. Their dad has a serious infection in his knee. He was test driving a motorcycle a couple weeks ago and wrecked. He had major road rash and hurt his knee. Now it has gone from Celluliteis(sp) to a serious infection and a drain and a pic line and all kinds of icky stuff. I had the boys to let mom have a break.

The kids all slept on the porch in a tent and I made waffles.

She came and took all of them to church this morning.

I took some Tylenol. :barnie

Other than that not much going on around here. I want to order some Freedom rangers but need to figure out when my brooder will be available. It's kind full. :p

doing some house chores, sewing, dehydrating etc...

Not much.

g

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sadly the little glued bird didn't make it. :(

It's ofically summer vacation here. Kids are all home and driving me nuts. Yesterday we went to the park for a bit. Today we are heading to the public library. We need some new reading materials.

Gardens doing well. Still blanching and freezing green beans carrots. I have another batch of beats to pressure can. Bulls blood, yum! My experimental driveway garden is doing ok. It has actually been prety cool here. We call it June
gloom. No rain on the horizon. My water bill is gonna be a killer.

I finally got in touch with a local Azure Standard drop point. The lady called last night. So I hurried and placed an order. Mostly pantry staples and some specialty glueten free items. Pick up is kinda Ia flexible thing depending on the driver. I might need to take my kids with me to the pick up. Not my first choice.

I really want to order some more meat birds. Thinking about when and where I would keep them. I have chicks in my brooder now.

Working on house chores and spring cleaning.

That's about it.

G

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yesterday was my little ones last day of school, today is my 17 yr old's and next Thurs is my 15 yr old's last day.

My kids are old enough that I LOVE SUMMER! Mostly because I HATE driving and I HATE making lunches. :barnie

I am having fun dipping my toe into cheese making....I met a lady at the cheese store who let me taste a cheddar that she made from grocery store cows milk. Not raw, just regular pasteurized milk. It was actually pretty good and now I am more excited! I am going to try mozzarella first though....maybe with my 8 yr old. She likes my weird foodie adventures.

I saw a first blush on two of my full sized maters yesterday....I am super stoked! I hope this June Gloom fades soon.....last summer it hung around forever.

Happy School Free Tuesday!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hate the lunch thing too. But at least when they leave the house it's done and over with. Now they have a tendency to graize, no one wants to eat "lunch stuff" and they all want food at different times. :barnie

That's not gonna work!!!

Cheese, still a scary thing for me. I made the kefir cheese for a while. I think if I ever get a goat then I will give it a go. For now I guess I will stick with CostCo. You will have to let me know how your Mozzarella goes. I heard you have to kneed it a bunch. :idunno

Tuesday!!!

Well after this week the $1 movies will be on Tuesdays. Whoot, I can't wait. Especially when it starts to get hot. It's nice to go to the theater.

I need to go to the grocery today. I made dh egg burritos this morning sans meat. :hide I hope he doesn't notice. I did beef it up with veggies.

That's one thing I wish could add to my SS list. Pork. Dh said he won't eat chops. Whatever. So I will just grind it all into sausage. We can eat a ton of sausage. :drool

I guess I should find something to do.

g

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not much going on today. Heading to SIL to swim. I should find a book to read.

Got my chores done.

Thought about the Freedom Rangers again. I called dh to tell him the prices, availability and to see what he thought. He said get 50. :ep He figures this way we will have plenty to share or sell if there are people interested.

I explained that I will need his help putting up fence. he said fine. So that's it. I ordered 50 and they should be here at the end of the month.

I just hope we don't hit 110 in the end of August again. :barnie

:woot

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We are doing the $1 movies every tuesday too this summer. I am excited cause they are showing a bunch of movies that we haven't seen yet.

We will probably end up doing 100 chickens this fall, I'm not ordering any more birds in the heat. Nope, not happening. We usually put our order in for the end of September and start butchering over Thanksgiving.

I'll be anxious to hear how the freedom rangers do in comparison.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Not much going on today. Heading to SIL to swim. I should find a book to read.

Got my chores done.

Thought about the Freedom Rangers again. I called dh to tell him the prices, availability and to see what he thought. He said get 50. :ep He figures this way we will have plenty to share or sell if there are people interested.

I explained that I will need his help putting up fence. he said fine. So that's it. I ordered 50 and they should be here at the end of the month.

:pop

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Thought about the Freedom Rangers again. I called dh to tell him the prices, availability and to see what he thought. He said get 50. ep He figures this way we will have plenty to share or sell if there are people interested.
fantastic!!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
TanksHill said:

See ... now that is what a converted to SS husband sounds like!

Heat at 110 is bad for any chicken but, I wouldn't worry as much about the Freedom Rangers in the heat as I would the Frankenbirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.