TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Aw, poor kid. Learned a lesson there I betcha. That kind of ordeal makes me real glad I'm the grandma now.

Your garden pictures look awesome! It makes me wanna go out and weed.....

I have an orange kitty just like that! Why do they love to perch on your work spaces? :somad

The steam cleaner sounds awesome....my daughter loves her new one too.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Last night my 2yr old DD stood on a toy trying to reach into the toy box and slipped and busted her chin. We went to the ER (there was fat hanging out :sick ) and they put some of that Derma-glue on it. She's doing great! Sorry to hear about your DS, silly boyz! Also when I was trying to get the seed out of an avacado I stabbed my hand. Went to the ER, they glued it together then told me I was pregnant :ep :lol: . This was 2.5 yrs ago :)

Also wanted to tell you your cabbage pic for POW is beautiful!! :thumbsup

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, :ep that is my cabbage. Ha, I hadn't even noticed. Thanks. :D That was last fall I think. A volunteer and the best darn cabbage I have ever grown.

Thanks to all for he well wishes for my son. He is doing great. The Urgent care doc prescribed an antibiotic which I didn't really want to give him. I gave some for the past 3 days but I am cutting him off. I don't think he needed it in the first place.

Do you wanna hear the funny part of the pocket knife story?? yesterday I walked into his room and stepped on the darn thing. It was still open at the scene of the crime. Laying on the floor. It gave me a scare but I have tough feet. :plbb

So I want to start some kombucha, late to the party I know. But I picked up a jar at the health food store today. Live culture and some floaties. does it have to be tea??? I guess I should do some back reading. Figure it out.

I had to clip turkey wings again last night. My dd found a big boy in the yard eating my ground cherries. :rant The fence between the yard and fenced orchard is just a 4 foot white picket. They hop right over. I will be happy when those boys go to freezer camp. Not sure when I'm going to do it. They were born in March. Maybe the end of the year??? :hu

Not much going on here. I RE canned a #10 can of Marion Blackberry jam into pints today. I added some sugar free pectin just to be sure it set again. Looks and tasted fab!!! :woot

The weather has cooled off a bit and couldn't be any nicer. A bit of fog and cloud cover in the early mornings that burn off to a sunny 70ish afternoon. gotta love it.

I'm off for dinner. Catch ya later!!

g

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nice cabbage!! Wow it looks sooo good!!

It does remind me of little shop of horrors, u know the living plant lol
Thats a green thumb for sure. I have had trouble getting cabbage to grow....

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I feel like I am missing something......... :hu A bit unsettled.

Did you ever have one of those feelings??

My garden is humming along. The chickens are doing good. House chores are on schedule.... kinda... But never finished is normal.

I just have this feeling like I'm missing something, that I am supposed to be doing something.

Kinda a SS thing. Like what should I do next?

I don't know, sounds odd doesn't it?

:idunno

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Not really. I felt that way after I butchered my first chicken, like I went full circle and it was time for a new project too. So thus the ducks come into the world :D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I get that feel from time to time. I'm going through a phase of it right now. But this time I got hit with "Why on Earth do we have all these animals. This is nuts! It's too much work!" Maybe a symptom of DH being gone for two weeks, but I'm feeling like I've lost sight of the big picture and need him back to discuss where we're at and where we want to be. So I have no answers for you, just empathy!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Just pay attention to that feeling and keep your eyes and ears open. I'll bet you have it figured out in no time! Anytime I get that feeling, it means I need to walk the dogs through the neighborhood to see if there is anything good on the curb and to check craigslist for good deals. :caf

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FF, You sound like my brother. He could walk down the street and find money in the gutter. :lol:

Well my Local Food For Less/ Kroger has peaches on sale tomorrow 3 lbs for a buck. Which is the best deal I have seen yet. So I am going to fill the next few days with canning. That should keep me busy.

Karen, that cabbage became sauerkraut last fall. :drool

I let my little birds out of the pen today. Two turkeys and 10 chicks all about 5 weeks old. They were ok until the juvenile turkeys noticed them. They stayed close to the hut and hid behind a nesting box when the big meanies came around. I hope I can shoo them back in later.

Not much else going on. I think I might take advantage of the cooler weather and do some baking this evening.

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts