TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

hey Karen, I hope you had a nice vacation at the beach. Wish I was there. Hey sorry I forgot to tell you on the longer trips with power we throw the mini fridge from the garage in there as well.. :hide

:D

Those chicks are doing really well. In the pool outside in the yard all day. No huddling, no light. I plan to plug it in at sunset.

They are cute fuzzy butts, but meat birds they are. In the freezer they will go.

g

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes it is a lot. My next project...... convince dh to build me Whizbang plucker. :lol:

Buff, I have never had these birds before. My goal for switching is to lower my feed cost. I am sure these will differ from the Cornish X based on diet. These birds will stay in my hut in the yard for a couple weeks but as soon as they do not need the light they are going into the field. I have a separate area fenced off and they will be free ranging at will. I hope this works better. I am keeping a detailed cost list this time.

g

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Yes it is a lot. My next project...... convince dh to build me Whizbang plucker. :lol:

Buff, I have never had these birds before. My goal for switching is to lower my feed cost. I am sure these will differ from the Cornish X based on diet. These birds will stay in my hut in the yard for a couple weeks but as soon as they do not need the light they are going into the field. I have a separate area fenced off and they will be free ranging at will. I hope this works better. I am keeping a detailed cost list this time.

g
:caf :pop

Good luck!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
July 3rd 2011,

We spent yesterday at the SD County Fair. I make a really big effort every year to avoid the fair but this year we went. My niece was showing a lamb for 4H.

kids went on tons of rides. We ate a ton of junk food. Ok Gyro's are really not junk food but I did eat a big one. :D

Hung out at the auction for a while. Walked the barns. Those cows sure were purtty!! :love

We ended up spending way to much money..... Especially after I bought a pig. :hide

Picked up a 228 lb 4H pig off the resale board. Prices were up. It cost me 1.50 per pound. Plus What I will pay for processing. dh was not really happy about it. He kept saying "we could grow one in 6 months". Sounds like I have another project for next year. :lol:

Sticking close to home today. It's pretty hot out side. Tomorrow will be a family BBQ poolside.

I made a small batch of white peach jam today.

Catching up on chores etc..

Not much else.

Have a great weekend.

G

IMAG0245-1.jpg

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
TanksHill said:

g
Im gonna try and lower costs with my Godzillas on feeding higher protein and garden scraps. Im gonna keep a cost record as well. But Im excluding the equipment like the brooder tub and lamp. Since I have had them for a few years.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So this is the hog/pig whatever. I guess I will stick with it's given name of Pork Chop. :ya

Bacon, glorious bacon!!!

Ok someone correct me if I'm wrong but is that pig smiling????? :lol: Must be dreaming of my freezer.

IMAG0181-1.jpg

IMAG0182-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.