TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have not posted on my journal page forever. It got away from me. To much going on and not enough interesting stuff to share.

Just getting back in my groove since the kids are going back to school. I am very happy break is over. We did accomplished a ton though. I spent most of my free time on outdoor projects. I think being trapped in side with the 3 kids was just a bit too much for me.

Lets see, I planted 7 new trees 4 citrus, two avocado and a fig. Not to sure about the fig but it caught my eye. My kids love fig newtons so I had to get it.

We built most of the new rabbit hutch, I just need to weather seal it and staple in the wire. Not sure what kind of bunny we are getting. I kinda want to go with the Californian just in case I decide to breed her.

I put together that cold frame thing. Not sure how it will work. I have always started my seeds directly in the garden. One luxury of being in So. Cal. So I guess I need to take those toilet paper roll things out of my laundry and move them to the plastic house.

I have my first sewing class lined up for Fri. I am looking forward to learning how to use the embroidery part of my new machine. Hoping to try and make some money there.

I had a little side job lined up for my husband. Someone posted they need a little coop on craigslist so I was negotiating and planning. The guy backed out this morning. Bummer. Maybe I will have the hubby make one anyways and try to sell it on craigslist.

My husband had a neck surgery a few weeks ago. They said it was a stone in a salivary gland due to dehydration. Turns out it may be related to his gout. Yes hes almost 40 and has had gout for 3 years. Shell fish is the worst but it seems something else triggered it this last time. Maybe the yeast in beer. Now I am on a mission to find him some all natural herbal supplement. I found a couple today. Just need to read up a bit.

My dishwasher is broke and I have been washing by had. Not a big deal except my hands are itching like crazy and I broke a glass the other day. With my hand in it of course. I guess I was lucky it could have been worse.

I thought about posting some new pictures I took so I thought this would be the place. I'll have to get them together. gina

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Gina - sorry about your husband. Isn't gout like arthritis? Not sure, guess I should know more about it since my boss had it.

You sure were lucky with that glass. About 10 years ago I almost cut my thumb off washing a glass that broke while my hand was in it.

Can't wait to see your pics. Post away.

And I love that rabbit hutch. I really wish my rabbit cages were nicer. But since I raise them for meat purposes quick hose cleaning on open cages just works better for me. Good luck with selling those. I really think they will sell. They cost a fortune everywhere I have looked.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wow, you have been super busy!!
I hope you find something that will help your DH!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your DH, hope they find something that will give him some relief.

You have so many good projects going on right now I can't wait to see some pics, too! You have to post some pics of the rabbits when you get them too, my babies love to see pics of everyone's animals. :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm just reading about your DH now. To help with the gout you need 100% cherry juice. Juicy Juice makes a good one. It helps to rid the body of uric acid. But in another thread you said something about cancer, so I've obviously missed another post, is your DH ok?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry, I stopped doing my journal a while back. I just could not keep up. I check in again soon. gina

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
March 13

Heck the month is half over what happened? Keeping busy around here. Some things going on for me.

My cat had a degloving injury to her tail 3 weeks ago. The vet wanted 6 hundred dollars to amputate it. Dh though I was crazy and we opted to give her meds and bring her home to bandage and heal. last night she kinda freaked out and wouldn't come in at dark. Now I don't think I have a cat at all. My kids are going to be heart broken.

On a happy note my garden is coming along great. Lots of little sprouts and ready for more. I started another thread on hanging tom plants. Gonna give them a whirl.

My hens are putting our big time. I am getting about 18 eggs a day from 24 girls and I am managing to sell a couple dozen a week. I still need a sign at the bottom of my driveway. Maybe this weekend I will put it up.

I am already saving canning jars. I am hoping for veggies this year. I got a pressure caner for x mas and I can't wait to try it out.

I tried talking my dh into a root cellar last night. I was going on about putting an old fridge in the hillside. He kinda tuned me out. I don't think he really listened. Normal

Well, got to get moving this am. Maybe I'll go look for my cat now that the sun is up. Have a nice day. Gina

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:) March 14,

Well after having an awful Fri. the 13th today has gone much better. First off yesterday after having a very sad day believing my little cat had been eaten, she came home. She had been gone over 24hrs and spent her first night ever outside. She was a freaked out spaz cat when she got home. She had no tail wrap and was extremely stressed. I tried to wrap her tail but she was not cooperating. I ended up running her to the vet for them to bandage. Doc says the wound is healing well and she should be fine. DH was not all that excited to see her. But he was kind to her.

Today was a beautiful day. low 70's no sun, but very mild. I decided to build a wall. I have a large amount of those stacking blocks to move and I decided to reuse them on the hill side. I figured if I terraced a bit it would be easier to amend the soil and keep it in place. I moved and stacked about half. Turned out pretty good. Felt good to work outside a bit.

My sil found me a bunch of canning jars at garage sale. I am so excited. With the quarts I got for free on Craigslist and my old jars I am off to an excellent start. Now I just need to get those veggies going.

We have some more Cub scouts coming tomorrow. They have been using my dh wood shop to build their pine wood derby cars. Has been ok. Last weekend I had about 16 boy in two days. Was a bit hectic but we survived.

I went and visited with some girlfriend last night. Not something I normally enjoy. If I want to hear a bunch of hens I can do that at home. But I usd it to my advantage. I found 3 new egg customers. I think I should be selling another 3 or 4 dozen a week. Not much but it's a start.

I think I will spend tomorrow building the other half of my wall.
333_img_0410.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
March 23

I had a crazy weekend. House laundry all that stuff but the best part is my early b day gift.

For those of you who don't know we don't have much with cats around here. They must be locked in or they don't come home. A couple weeks ago my last remaining cat had a serious injury to her tail. After spending about 350.00 we decided to bring her home and tend her ourselves. Well two days later she took off and has not been back. This is whey my dh does not want to spend money on cats.

So what did he do? He runs off on Sunday. I am calling his cell and trying to find him to no avail. 3 hours later and one angry wife he cam home with this.
333_img_0496_1.jpg

The last dog I had was a Rottweiler as well. We had to put him down two years ago due to old age. He is just a pup about 9 weeks old. When dh handed him over with tears glistening in his eyes, I asked who the dog was for? I think the whole family is going to just love him to bits. Oh, His name is Tobias Burkhard we will be calling him Toby. :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ohhhhh sweeeeet!

I adore puppies! If only they did not grow up to be big poop machines :)

Toby looks sweet as can be! What a wonderful gift :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.