TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have coyotes...but not as brazen as yours. great wonderful wildlife program re-introduced them back to the area. Thanks alot ya know!!!!!

that is scary cause you know they are close by, at the door, UGH.

they are sneaky varmints and I don't know what would deter them at this point. they know how to live in neighborhoods and home areas now.

Tony had tons in TN when he trained horses up there. He said they would be so close in the dark, ya could feel them there, but never see them.

I hate the YIP sounds----maybe hit google and try coyote deterents? Maybe something might help ya! :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thnks, I'll try google. No yipping last night. When we have these really hot dry conditions they come near looking for water. Vista has a lot of open areas mixed in with somewhat rural neighborhoods. Very creepy sometimes. Once I thoughI saw a cougar. Thats anothe tale... Gina

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yikes you probably did see a cougar!

find the most remote area and build those yotes a well to drink from...HA HA...keep them from the housing area..LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We've had them come right up in our back yard in broad daylight. Scared the poop right outta me (and them too when I screamed!) Thankfully the screaming banshee (me) scared them away.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I used to live in Vista, a long time ago, from 1965 to 1971. I remember it having a pretty good climate. Not as hot as you're getting and more rain. There must be something to the talk about climate changing.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today is Saturday- the traditional day to catch up house chores, work in the yard and get stuff done...

I lost my trail about two hours ago when I sat down to read Journal entrys. Wow you people are hard to keep up with.

My week has been pretty calm, since the coyote incident. Running the kids back and forth to school, keeping up with my home and kids. I have been working on sprouting this week. I started alfalfa and mung beans. The mung sprouts are allmost finished. They look great nice and plump. Not sure about alfalfa I will probably need to bury it in a sandwhich to get it down.

Ths morning my DH wet to SIL house and picked up a truckload of horse compost. Well most of it was composted. We brought the truck up in the yard and loaded up my garden beds. I am so excited. We built 3 new 4 x 12 foot raised beds last month. Wire on bottom to keep gophers out. I used straw on the bottom to take up some space now the horse poop and I will mix in some soil and compost. I am hoping for a bumpper crop of veggies in spring.

I wanted to put up a laundry line today. DH and I could not agree on style, type location etc... I'll do it myself when hes not around. He has a tendancy to complicate construction projects. His sugested location would have allowed my under stuff to be visible to the neighbors. Not my idea of a good spot.

I started a pot of ham and bean soup when I sat down, smells like its comming along. Still need to fold a couple of loads of laundry. Fun fun fun....

Have a great day,gina

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Whoo Hooooo had a great start to a beautiful day today. It's about 80- and sunny. I need to get out and pull a few weeds.

This morning I harvested my first batch of Mung bean sprouts. I can not believe how easy and great they are. I used 1/2 cup beans in a soup tourine and put a metal bowl in the top. The beans like it dark and grow well under pressure. It causes them to get really plump.. made scrambled eggs with sprouts for breakfast. Oh I also made a smootie for the kids. Added some fresh wheat grass. Planted it last week in my windowsill. It is supposed to be so good for you.

I have alfalfa growing now and I thought I would give the Adzuki beans a try. Not sure what I will end up with but I try anything once. Thank goodness my kids are the same way.

I think I might make some homemade yogurt today. I convinced my son that if we add some of the great homemade jams I made it will tast just like the store kind. Maybe even better.

Heading to the inlaws later today they like to have a mini pumpkin patch for the kids and we take pics... should be a fun afternoon. My kids are so occupied with their grand parents and cousins I get a nice break.

Tommorow I think I might attempt the monster list. I'll have some time after I drop the kids at school.
Have a great day. :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OH raised beds!! I need to do something like that. Could you post us a picture of your raised beds? I would love to see it. I have been wanting to do raised beds for awhile, just trying to convince my DH that's what we should do. LOL

He just gets out the rototiller and tills up the same stupid plot each fall and winter. Well, I finally convinced him to move to another spot! So we will be tilling up a new garden plot!

Seahound

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Coyotes are so bad you cant let your cats out, nothing else for them to eat.

Im so sad for your about your kitten. awwwwww

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow with all the manure those garden beds will be producing like crazy! Be ready for a monster crop! :)

oh my DH is like that. I want something simple and reasonable cost for a small project that should take 1 hr. to complete, Tony turns it into a complicated product and big expense! Ugh.....I do just like you, I say, let me think about what I want and we will do it later, then I do it myself..HA HA

(big sigh--for working with men...LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts