TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieAnnie

City slicker gone rural
Reaction score
Looks so wonderful! I haven't made it over there yet, hope to take the kids at some point

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks for all the wonderful greetings!! The sun is shining the clouds have blown over and it's about 70 degrees in Mt today. Dh is out on the lake with two older kids. Not catching much. :(

Yesterday we crossed into Wy an spent the day in the lower loop at Yellowstone. Just an amazing and beautiful place. I do wish you were all here. It would be great to have everyone experience this place. I was trying to get the kids to understand that. I think seeing all the wild life and geothermal sites helped. DD 3 year old did not like the sulfur smells. But Old Faithful was a site to see!!

I have a couple pics to share.
333_img_5684_1.jpg

Kinda hard to see the bears head but it was only about 15 yards from the road. Actually crossed traffic in front of about 30 cars.
333_img_5726_3.jpg

This ones for you Ally, I could have reached out the window and touched this guy.
333_img_5742_2.jpg

Spending today at camp and tomorrow we head for the northern loop. I can't wait.

gina

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Can I go next time??? :D Looks like you all are having a wonderful time, be safe!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We made it home today. Left Cedar City, Ut. at 4 am. Those folks in the KOA probably did not appreciate the early hour.

Today seemed to drag a bit. We were all very happy to be on our way home. The last week on the road traveling through 5 states and seeing all the things we did was amazing. But "there's no place like home". :D

Kinda funny we had been in the 40 ft rv for 9 days. There were a few tussles and kids not getting along but the journey went well overall. Once we got home everyone went different directions.

I went to my veggie garden. All seems to be ok. I had friends and neighbors helping to water. Everything is growing well and still green.. I checked on my hens. It seems I have one that has an issue. My neighbor seems to think she was egg bound. They think the shell broke but she is still having problems. Not sure what I need to do. I guess I'll read up a bit. Any suggestions welcome.

My girls went straight into swim suits and played in the hose and then played in the sand box for an hour. they are now playing dolls somewhere in the house.

Dad and son are playing x box. I did complain a bit but dh is a bit burnt out from driving so much the last two days. I'll let it slide.

I am sorting mail mostly bills and advertising of course. Then there is the daunting task of trying to catch up with all the haps on this board. I read a bit while on vacation but please tell me if I missed anything major!!!

One thing dh and I both realized on our journeys over the last week. Southern California is over rated, overpriced, a baren desert and kinda ugly. All of this of course working in my favor. I would love to move out of state. I think the kicker was when we were comming from the high desert and heading back towards home. My ds asked what was all the gunk in the sky? We had to explain what smog was. He asked if it was there when we left. After spending a week in the clean Mt. and Wy. air he noticed the difference.

There are so many beatiful places in thes country to live. I know every town has it's issues but I have also realized I can choose which I want to deal with.

I don't know if that makes sence.

Glad to be home!!! G

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
One thing dh and I both realized on our journeys over the last week. Southern California is over rated, overpriced, a baren desert and kinda ugly. All of this of course working in my favor. I would love to move out of state. I think the kicker was when we were comming from the high desert and heading back towards home. My ds asked what was all the gunk in the sky? We had to explain what smog was. He asked if it was there when we left. After spending a week in the clean Mt. and Wy. air he noticed the difference.
Glad you made it home :frow but don't unpack just yet. There's some property for sale just across the road from me. Pack your stuff, sell your house and come live in my neck of the woods, glad to have yuns. As long as your DH has a good trade, blue or white collar, I can find him a job.

A few months from now is too late to plant a garden, but if you help me put mine up I'll barter labor for organic yummy canned food. The schools are great, fishing is good, neighbers are pretty decent (me being the bestes one) and the air is clean.

So come on over and live with the critters in the woods. :woot

No.... no.... no...... We'll get all your snow gear when you get here for winter. :hugs

Oh and the place has a beautiful soapstone woodstove made locally.... :celebrate

So when yuns going to move?

:fl :gig :celebrate :clap :bun :plbb :weee :hu :thumbsup :lol:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

:p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.