TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How hard is it for you guys to make up all the school missed for snow days? Do they just extend the school year into June?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
How hard is it for you guys to make up all the school missed for snow days? Do they just extend the school year into June?
Yeah we go into June sometimes. Last year it was the Ninth of June when we got out.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Gina...you are a busy lady! I love a full weekend and getting lots accomplished, what a great feeling :)

Ugh, Monday again. Blech. I like that the kids are back at school but they usually leave me in a pretty good mess that I need to conquer. And my dryer is giving me fits. Dang it.

Happy Monday!

Ps.... Can I plan on buying my Thanksgiving turkey from you? :thumbsup

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey Dace, :frow Ummm not sure on the turkey. I don't know if my girls are actually laying yet. I am really not sure if Tom is actually doing his job. We will see.

I know how it is with the mess. It seems like have to get through the every day stuff before I can even think about extra projects.

I was just trying to dig out the kitchen, It's crazy in there. I have to admit most of the mess is mine though. :hide

The weather is warming up a bit. Do you have a laundry line at the new place? I still manage to get light weight stuff and sheets on the line. Well, at least when it's sunny.

have a great day!!

g

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Gina

Sorry it took me a while to get back. I have had a busy day.

Here are some pics egg sizes that will help you out.

I would be surprised if the turkeys are laying just yet, but since you are in the south I may be wrong. Turkeys are seasonal layers. They usually lay spring to fall for the most part.

Go look at my journal for some new puppy pics. ;)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Way cool pics, thanks.

Are turkey eggs always spotted? I have not had any of those. I don't think the hens are laying just yet. But close.

I am hoping they start in late Feb to March. Then maybe with the warmer weather they will be likely to set a clutch. (is it called that for turkeys?)

Anyways, thank you. The pup pics are just adorable. He is getting big!!

g

Oh I forgot to mention I racked a gallon of hard cider today. I sweetened a glass to taste. I transferred the golden brew into 3 liter bottles with about another half of one. That's the one we tast tested. :D I have another gallon to do but I plan to do it a bit differently.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Jan 19th

Heck the month is half over already, how did that happen.

Whats going on here at my house.............

We have been sticking close to home. Dh birthday coming up. He had mentioned going to the desert with friends for the MLK holiday. I talked him out of that one. So instead we are going to BBQ at MIL's. Dh 85 yo grandfather lives next door. He thinks it would be easier for Grandpa if we bbq there. Well maybe it's just easier than having them all to our house. MIL has a huge outdoor kitchen and play area for the kids. Anyways, dinner will be gluten free and this is what I am thinking.
Apps....deviled eggs, veg tray, corn chips with home made bean dip
dinner....burgers, hot dogs, GF and reg buns, broccoli salad(made with bacon, onions, raisins and sunflower seeds.) And some kind of baked beans. Oh and home made sauerkraut for the hot dogs.
desert... GF cake, ice cream.

I guess I should see if dh is good with it. :idunno

I have been sorting cleaning and making a huge pile on my porch. I am not sure if I want to take the time for a yard sale or just call AM Vets to pick the stuff up. I tried to use that Fly Lady system Dace is hot on. But can't do it. I wonder what size house she wrote that for. I mean when she says polish your sink then do A, B and C. I fell I am still on A when I should be on C. If that makes sense.

Dh and I had the "to pack or not to pack" conversation again. It was the same as always. So I am kinda settling in the middle.

Which sucks!!! And pretty much leaves me treading water, living in limbo, on the fence. As always.

Chickens are laying well. Some finished molting.

I got another garden box ready. I was over on TEG reading a bit. Some of the people in my area are already planting cool season stuff. My plan usually waits until early March. We usually have rains. So I sneak out between storms and seed. Then let Mother nature water them in for me. I guess I will play it by ear.

We went out over the weekend and bought the 10yo a new mattress for his bed. It was way over priced and not the quality I wanted. But I paid cash which felt good. His was a hand me down and had a big dip in the middle. He said he wanted firm. We went, he laid on the beds, we bought one. It came and he cried it was to hard. :barnie I explained that the sales man said it would be firmer than the store model and would soften in time. Let's hope it does.

I have been slowly substituing in GF products into the family diet. Is it possible to get headaches from GF withdrawls?? Cause yesterday was it. Maybe the heat I don't know. But most of us had headaches.
I have made GF slicing bread for sandwhiches. DD ate it 1 day and complained. So for school lunches she has been taking rice cakes with either cream cheese or p nut butter. I made some GF bananna bread. That Bob's Red mill works prety well.

I went to the eating Wel web site and looked over the GF dinner recipies. Just went through each one and printed things we eat normally.

I found a recipie for chicken tenders made with corn meal I am going to try today.

Well that's about it for my boring life. I am up early today because dh had to get up earlier than normal.

But I guess that gives me a bit more time here.

g

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi Gina!

never heard of gf giving people headaches. Do you have a detector for carbon monoxide? thats the first thing that came to mind- if everyone has a headache, something isn't right!

If you have a gas stove, gas water heater, gas furnace,...please open some windows and get it checked out. if you have a detector, they usually have a test button to see if it is working.

I never could do fly lady either, but my sister is hooked on it big time. I have adopted the idea of doing some little bit of cleaning though when I have a few minutes - like cleaning one shelf in the cupboard, etc. When I am waiting for the bath to fill is the best time to do a bit of cleaning.

sounds like the daily grind is getting to you a bit - hope you find some sort of xtra treat (time to yourself? xtra special coffee? ) to give to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.