Technology is ruining the human race

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agreed with you, Creal I can look around me and get despondent. I can get angry. I can get anxious. And, I'll not deny it. I've had all of those feelings a plenty. But, when I take my eyes off the horizontal plane, and put them on the vertical plane, my heart swells. My Jesus is totally, all encompassingly sufficient for this time in which I have been placed. I praise God for placing me where He has placed me, and the time in which He has placed me. I live on a little dead end road. This road is the place to go for a walk for EVERYBODY living within 1/2 mile from either direction on the state route that my road connects to. My animals, my garden, my yard projects have become an incredible magnet to open the door to spiritual discussion with so many! Not just the walkers, but those who stop to buy eggs. Sometimes they share burdens, sometimes they share praises. God is good. He Is ALWAYS GOOD.

People are starting to think I'm crazy, because I'm so alive. Because I'm so passionate about life, they think it's simply crazy. My answer is No, if you're not passionate life, then you are the crazy one, not me! : 😂

I'm merely being what Almighty God had in mind when he created us. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. For me, it's celebration of life, celebration of liberty and epic celebration of happiness. I've been chasing this all my life and I got it, I'm there, I've landed and I'm not leaving, to go back where I was, ever!

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20210412_103949_612.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
two things seemed to spell the end of "neighborliness" and that was television, which took us to "new" neighborhoods, and air conditioning, which meant you weren't out on the front porch or under a tree, visiting with passers-by

also remember that the houses were closer to the roads because a horse or person walking by wasn't nearly as noisy and annoying as motor vehicles.

i think that once people started moving faster to where it hurt if they ran over you it pretty much ruined what i consider civility (to both other people and other creatures in general).

i still think this, which is why i drive as little as possible. i'm a homebody anyways. :)

the thing about t.v. yes, for sure it changed how we interact, but at times it also does give people something in common to talk about while they are sitting together when they might not otherwise talk at all. which is ok too, i am good with companionable silence. i rarely watch t.v. but the internet is my social place with far off friends who like to garden and talk about things that Mom has no care about at all. so it keeps me able to feel at least my mind isn't turning to complete mush being out here in the sticks.

the change since iPhone stuff has come along has been even worse. people sitting around a table all doing different things and barely talking much at all unless we can get them outside or to play some game together. hard to even have peace and quiet during a meal now. :( we tell people when they visit that we prefer they turn off their devices or leave them in their car. some people don't like that or are expecting important calls or whatever, and i'm ok with that as long as it isn't constant interruptions. we like our little quiet home here and i'm not really planning on changing any more than i have to.

just getting the cell phone has been more than i really wanted but it was the only other option when the land-line finally went out and Mom got fed up and said we had to change. i'd be ok without the phone 99% of the time.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When my DH started getting despondent about where the world seems to be headed, I reminded him that even in the darkest of times, people can find Joy in their lives, if they look for it.

sure, i'm glad that i have a protective sense about my own peace of mind and happiness that i can usually figure out when something is bothering me or making me feel worse so i can get rid of it or block it. people or other things that (make drama) and me are not compatible.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
he change since iPhone stuff has come along has been even worse. people sitting around a table all doing different things and barely talking much at all unless we can get them outside or to play some game together. hard to even have peace and quiet during a meal now. :(
Amen. I've noticed some younger and the very rare hard workers that if they stop for more than a second they have to hit the face book. I've still not done it. The wife got a family one set up mostly so I can get work. She just tells me if something is important or funny. I never look at it.
I have a neighbor that was complaining the other day about his kids coming over there then getting on the phone after eating and not talking. I quit going over there years ago because they just sit inside and watch t.v. I can sit inside on my a$$ not talking at my own house.
The last job was the worst. A lot of people would spend 45 mins straight looking at their phone when stopping by the shop to grab something then say well it's almost break time. I look at my watch ":mad::ep:barnie:he:duc IT'S AN HOUR AWAY....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Technology related... You probably already heard but just in case you haven't.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I find this hilarious: leading up to and after the election, which was 5.5 months ago, they absolutely denied that there was any foreign interference with our election process... in spite of lots of testimony that stated and SHOWED otherwise. NOW, almost 6 months later... biden admits the fact!!!!!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I find this hilarious: leading up to and after the election, which was 5.5 months ago, they absolutely denied that there was any foreign interference with our election process... in spite of lots of testimony that stated and SHOWED otherwise. NOW, almost 6 months later... biden admits the fact!!!!!
Yep... Can't express my observations here, because I'll get the boot 🥾

See you on frankspeech though :) World Wide general availability Monday, USA VIP starts midnight tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts