Teens these days!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:barnie
:th
:ep

As some of you may know, I attend school online.

In my world geography class there is a discussion board and we have to post an introduction of ourselves, which is supposed to include where we live and our favorite movies, just the basics.

However, here are some portions of some of the posts - all made by females I might add;

"I LIVE to party, and have fun and hang out with my friends. I am out
until midnight everyday, I live on my cell phone, and my social life is
my main concern (apart from school). I am one of the most amazing kids you will ever meet, hands down. I am confident in myself, and not self
conscious by any means. I am easily made mad, and I am not afraid to let
people know. I am good with words, and will bring you down, lol. I love
life, and I love [School name here]. The teachers here are great, end of story."

"In my spare time, I love to text, party, drive around, go shopping,
hang out with friends, ride horses, dirtbike, snowmobile, and
fourwheeler. I'm a pretty amazing person and everybody loves me! I also have the most amazing friend ever." (I think her best friend lied to her)

And finally;

"I'm beautiful and a genius, so you can imagine I'm just amazing."

:th

LUNATICS!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Are you kidding me???? I knew teens were arrogant these days, but DANG!!!!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I know, it sounds like I just made that up because who on earth would say such a thing; apparently they are out there.

I wonder if they lack self confidence so they are trying to act all high and mighty because they've never been in that position before and want others to be impressed?

Impressed isn't the word I was thinking of though.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hey Blackbird,

we're tryin' to find you a little woman over in the single farmer thread! :)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I think knowing how to do so much stuff actually helps build real confidence. So, Blackbird may not need to constantly brag. Habitual bragging is a cover-up for lack of self confidence.

We need to remember that he is still 17. He has his head on straight but I'm not sure if singles sites will allow him on.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Please, lets not turn this into another thread about how mature and great I am :rolleyes: They make me light-headed.

Laura, I'm pretty sure she was just kidding about the dating site. ;)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
What? Sending our little Merle out into the big bad ugly world of dating??? No no no!

Let's keep him safe and secure, right here, where we can admire all of his great qualities until these silly little hussies grow up.

Merle, these girls really are lacking in self esteem and because of the anonymity of online education, are taking this opportunity to try on a new persona.....one where the are popular and cool. The truth is that they sound like little nit wits ....who I would not want my teen aged son to spend any time with!

Steppin' down now......