Television

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:lol:

I like being silly on Fridays too.

Darn, I am going to have to go to Victoria's Secret if you are going to steal the Fred Meyer bra & panty section before I can get over there first! :gig

Huh, I had no idea about the Texas roll. We call it the California stop here. I wonder what they call it in California?

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Also known as Mississippi stop!

The fun thing for teenagers to do when we had the red light cameras was to "borrow" a friend's car, print out a fake tag# & tape it over the real tag. Then run every red light in town. Thank goodness we got those cameras taken out. They're unconstitutional now!!! :ya

Bee, I have to wonder if a TV that is only plugged into the wall (not connect to a cable or satt or even bunny ears) can they "read" you through that? You're making me paranoid-er! Now I gotta find a cover for my entertainment center...

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Really? So we have the Mississippi stop, the Texas roll, the California stop . . . what else? What is it called in Canada?

I'd like to borrow some of those dare-devil teenagers and see what they can do for our community. ;)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
:lol:

I like being silly on Fridays too.

Darn, I am going to have to go to Victoria's Secret if you are going to steal the Fred Meyer bra & panty section before I can get over there first! :gig

Huh, I had no idea about the Texas roll. We call it the California stop here. I wonder what they call it in California?
:lol: Don't forget to :hit !

Back to the tv thing, I am glad we have other means to entertain ourselves now. Our weather is mild and wonderful to be out in all day long. Back in TX you were forced indoors by the heat in the summer. I would have to get real creative with my down time so I would not be spending it in front of the tube next to a fan.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bee, I have to wonder if a TV that is only plugged into the wall (not connect to a cable or satt or even bunny ears) can they "read" you through that? You're making me paranoid-er! Now I gotta find a cover for my entertainment center...
Years ago there was an article about the "eye" on the tv, at which you point your remote to change channels, as being more than a receiver for that signal. Now, I don't know about that and I could never rest comfortably in my living room if I thought about it too much, which I do not. But....what a perfect way to monitor the public if one wanted to do so! Kind of makes one think....... :/

The possibilities are endless!

But...I'm not going to live my life in fear that it may indeed be true. If they want to view me sitting in my living room, bra-less and in my old nightie....by golly, they deserve just what they get! :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
All that eye would see is people lounging on a couch looking back at that eye! If they wanted to monitor people, they should put the eye on the microwave! :gig The kitchen is where all the action happens!

HiDelight

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have a story ..

when my kids were small I was so pissed off over the tv watching I took a glass of water and "accidently" spilled it down the back of the thing and broke it...darn we just did not have enough money to repair it

now I like it and watch maybe an hour or two a day ..I love renting movies more

we have cable and hidef so nothing happened for us

the only thing I hate is having one in the living room and right not the big thing is sitting there waiting for the "family" room to be finished ...a TV in a room where you have guests is awful to me ..the guests should be the center of attention unless you invite them to watch a movie but even then ..I just like company to be my company

I hate when you go to a persons house and they have the tv on while you are visiting I feel so ..not wanted!

ok that is not what this thread was about I was just chiming in with more mindless banter

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I agree. I hate visiting folks that leave their t.v. on. I don't get it. As a nation, I feel that we are too reliant on watching t.v.

I was raised in a home without a t.v. It wasn't until my grandma moved in that we had a t.v. but it was in her room.

My parents were always against a t.v. being in the living room, so we never had one until I (the baby of 4) was about 16 years old. It was never in the living room, it was in the "den".

The radio was always on the NPR/classical station. We hated listening to that stuff so, as children we were outside all the time.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
big brown horse said:
Next time you are shopping, make funny faces when you pick up the products! Like this--> :somad or this-->:sick give em h*ll trying to figure out what you like or don't like. Lets all try this!!
:gig

Or maybe pick up a can of beans and :lol: That will keep the marketing psychologists on their toes! Or go in the bra & panty department and :hit We could have some real fun here, folks.
BBH, I see what you mean about the traffic cameras, but at least if you know it is there, you won't be pulling a California stop! (Not saying you would anyway).
Here it is Drake! ;)

I'm bringing this back up b/c I needed a laugh. :p