Television

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Where are we headed? Am I crazy?
Nope! I'm not normally a paranoid person and I don't cater to mass hysteria or fears. I don't see shadows in the dark and I don't have time for the weak and the fearful.....but common sense tells me the same thing.

Art mimics life. TV shows and movies are pretty good at showing us the possibilities. I don't watch TV and haven't for years, but I do own a TV. They are all manufactured by Japan or China. They are in nearly every home. The government spoon feeds a willing populace, via the media, with any information they wish and they know that people are very gullible.

Do you realize that your TV still pulls phantom loads of power when it is off? What is still running? Is it inconceivable that the government may have found a way to have an eye in every home...under the heading of "homeland safety", of course. They can already pinpoint your home via satellite....and why would they NEED to? Of what earthly reason would they need to be able to visualize our homes from space? The technology is there. That is why.

Technology has far surpassed the common man's comprehension and is in the hands of the government and foreign countries.

I don't think its paranoid at all to believe that our TVs, though a seemingly harmless piece of entertainment equipment, can serve a dual purpose to an enterprising third party.

Why else do you think I wanted to enclose mine in a cupboard or behind a curtain? :p

I already know they monitor every phone conversation you make and I have proof of that. Why, you ask? I have no idea, but I do know that information is power.

Paranoid? I don't think so. Aware but not buying into any more control than they already have? Yes!

One of the reasons I won't buy a new car. They are all required to have a chip now so they can be monitored for "driver safety". They can tell if you are speeding, didn't use your turn signal properly, tailgated, etc. They are not utilized yet....unless you want to volunteer for a program in which you will be monitored via this chip for good driving and, in doing so, qualify for lower insurance rates. This program, I feel, is a little test balloon. Sort of like voluntary participation in NAIS.

Then it becomes mandatory.

Aware, but not paranoid.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
WHOA! That is freaky.

Honestly, I think it was just someone trying to push a product, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a bigger agenda. ;)

Well, I have a CD player, does that count as a digital device? :lol:

I do think that there is very subtle propaganda being dished out. IMO, it IS about what is getting air time and what is not, or even the words used to describe things. I notice it is a relief to not be plugged in to it. On days when I hear no news at all (not even radio) I usually am a happier and more well-adjusted person (IMO).

Have you got your handbasket ready? :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I hear ya, Bee.

Besides feeding advertising/products, I have no clue why the gov would want to know the minutia of my (and your) life.

Then there is that reality show Big Brother . . . I guess people like to snoop on other people. What is that fascination all about?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't think its so much a fascination but a need to gauge how people think, what makes them tick and how they conduct their living.

If one knows that, one can manipulate that thinking or develop ways to control...even subtley...how people live, what they do, what they buy, what they believe, how they perceive what they are hearing and seeing on the TV, in the newspapers, etc.

Advertising agencies have been using this information for years to market products.....why not the government? :p

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you Bee....you've said it far better than I did...

My husband works in an industry that requires constant surveilance. Often this is inoccuous...often it results in the capture of some bad guys....BUT...he has made me more aware of surveilance in other areas of our life....just look at how many cameras are in use where you travel (grocery store, gas station, bank, etc....)

Orwellian life is here, we just haven't really realized it....yet.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Store cameras just make me self-conscious so I am less likely to browse because I think someone on the other side of the camera might be watching my facial experessions and associating them with products. LOL Seriously, that was a thought I had the other day when I was shopping and realized I was on camera! Ha ha ha

It is the red light traffic cameras that I hate. I drive worse when I am self-conscious (sort of like a student driver). So, if I know there is a camera at an intersection, then I will slow way down and make sure the light is going to stay green, then speed up and hurry through the intersection. :rolleyes: But I just do not trust those red light cameras and the last thing I need is a ticket. :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
I know what you mean. Store cameras just make me self-conscious so I am less likely to browse because I think someone on the other side of the camera might be watching my facial experessions and associating them with products. LOL Seriously, that was a thought I had the other day when I was shopping and realized I was on camera! Ha ha ha

It is the red light traffic cameras that I hate. I drive worse when I am self-conscious (sort of like a student driver). So, if I know there is a camera at an intersection, then I will slow way down and make sure the light is going to stay green, then speed up and hurry through the intersection. :rolleyes: But I just do not trust those red light cameras and the last thing I need is a ticket. :p
:lol:

Next time you are shopping, make funny faces when you pick up the products! Like this--> :somad or this-->:sick give em h*ll trying to figure out what you like or don't like. Lets all try this!!

Yeah, those red light cameras make me paranoid too. I would just rather not know if they are there.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Next time you are shopping, make funny faces when you pick up the products! Like this--> :somad or this-->:sick give em h*ll trying to figure out what you like or don't like. Lets all try this!!
:gig

Or maybe pick up a can of beans and :lol: That will keep the marketing psychologists on their toes! Or go in the bra & panty department and :hit We could have some real fun here, folks.

BBH, I see what you mean about the traffic cameras, but at least if you know it is there, you won't be pulling a California stop! (Not saying you would anyway).

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:lol:

O.k. I had to log back in for this one! DrakeMaiden, that was too funny!!! I love to laugh on Friday!!

I am going to Fred Meyer to cry in the bra and panty department!!! :gig

Sometimes I feel like crying in that section anyway!!

I thought that was called the "Texas roll". No Texan comes to a complete stop!