THE HUNTING THREAD. POST PICS, STORIES, AND RECIPES

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my first hunting experience was with a daisy and it didnt go very well at all. I tried to shoot a bird, hit a fence post and caught the ricochet in the crotch. :rolleyes: i was around 7 or 8 years old

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
firem3 said:
my first hunting experience was with a daisy and it didnt go very well at all. I tried to shoot a bird, hit a fence post and caught the ricochet in the crotch. :rolleyes: i was around 7 or 8 years old
:gig

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Oh no Firem3!! lol

When we lived in COlorado, my dad and grandpa hunted every year, so I can't even remember my first! lol I do remember vividly skinning elk though, it was awsome!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My meat grinder broke...brand new last year, used once. Grrrrrrrr! Now this deer meat has to be canned, which isn't a problem for me, as I like it that way, but the boys were disappointed...they like it ground.

The fresh ground meat that I did get before it broke was used in my mom's Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce this weekend for a wiener roast. All the folks raved about how good it was.....they didn't know it was deer meat! :D I'll tell them later..... :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
My meat grinder broke...brand new last year, used once. Grrrrrrrr! Now this deer meat has to be canned, which isn't a problem for me, as I like it that way, but the boys were disappointed...they like it ground.

The fresh ground meat that I did get before it broke was used in my mom's Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce this weekend for a wiener roast. All the folks raved about how good it was.....they didn't know it was deer meat! :D I'll tell them later..... :lol:
My mom did that with cow tongue once. She let us think it was tuna :rolleyes:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Beekissed said:

My mom did that with cow tongue once. She let us think it was tuna :rolleyes:
Oh yuck! Cow tongue...my MIL makes that for DH every once in a while...I can't believe he eats it!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am a little slow.

Chocolate IS toxic to dogs.

The darker the chocolate the worse it is.

Daughter the vet tech says large dogs usually have to eat a huge amount of milk chocolate to cause toxicity problems.

Little dogs are more easily effected.

In general keep it away from them whenever possible.