THE HUNTING THREAD. POST PICS, STORIES, AND RECIPES

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Never did find them.... :( Hey...hadn't you heard that chocolate kills dogs! :lol: :p If you have, just don't tell your dog! :D

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Never did find them.... :( Hey...hadn't you heard that chocolate kills dogs! :lol: :p If you have, just don't tell your dog! :D
Yea I've heard it. She's tough she has eaten a coso bag of chocolate chips once :p

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am ready for deer season to open here. Squirrel season is open.Don't care much for squirrel. Turkey season is also in here. Never had one of them. Bow season for deer. Don't like to bow hunt.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Yes, Turkey is in here, too, or it's about to come in, can't remember. I know it comes in October, and we have been trying hard to keep our turkeys in their pen so no one shoots them by mistake. Turkeys have minds of their own, though. :rolleyes:

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wait turkey is in season? In alabama you can only hunt turkeys in like March... It makes more sense for it to be in in October though. I thought usually hunting seasons for animals kind of matched up? Shows how much I know :/

BTW does anyone go moose hunting? This might sound dumb... but do you have to get a moose hunting permit or liscence or something? I've always wanted to go.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think there is something in chocolate that dogs can't digest so it is a toxin to them. It can build up in their system. My dogs LOVE peanut butter. :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
I think there is something in chocolate that dogs can't digest so it is a toxin to them. It can build up in their system. My dogs LOVE peanut butter. :)
It's fun to watch them try to lick the pnut butter off the roof of their mouth.