The Iceman Cometh

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thats what i'm talking about!! thems some fine looking boots! The Big Man got me some muck boots rated to -40* and they are a dream! whoot!

and yep i'm hearing you. i know folks like that - they run their AC in the summer all day/nite at 60* then dont pay it. or run it at 75* in the winter and still dont pay it. very frustrating.

we always laugh that its warmer in the summer with the AC on then it is in the winter with the heat on
;-)

i keep thinking about a wood burning stove for upstairs in the kitchen (i'm in the basement with the wood stove.. our main living room). i'd love to have a functional wood cookstove and it would be great to have the heat up there too.

in the meantime i'll just keep shaking my head wondering why people live the way to do. but not too hard! when i lived in the city and had the big life i kept my house at 72*! whoot!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh hey look at that! great suggestion.

specifically in the kitchen there is a chimney/vet but its for the furnace..but this might work in a different part of the house.

thanks!
:)

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
I'm usually a friendly and helpful guy, unless you count the endearing name "Blackbird" would like to give me - crotchety old fart ...

HaHa that's funny I did not type wind, the forum censor changed it from a bean derived explosion to a more euphemistic word.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yes i know! i had a hilarious riff on my big dopey dogs sitting around in boxer shorts f-a-r-t-ing and they changed it. it wasnt as funny!

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
xpc said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
I'm usually a friendly and helpful guy, unless you count the endearing name "Blackbird" would like to give me - crotchety old fart ...

HaHa that's funny I did not type wind, the forum censor changed it from a bean derived explosion to a more euphemistic word.
xpc at least they changed it to wind and not "fluff" :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i have a terrible feeling i'm about to turn into a 4th grade boy. i'm going to go and find The Big Man and ask him to pull my finger.. be right back.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ya'll are going to think we're nuts...but...

we pretty much live in a tin box - trailer - so in the summer, during the hottest part, it's 90* - 100* give or take...so in the winter, we burn our woodstove good and hot and try to keep it between 90* - 100* year round.

We're pretty comfortable. :)

except during a big freeze, like earlier this month when it was -10....the house dropped down to 55* and omg thought we were gonna frostbite!

but seriously, with keeping it this hot in the winter, those hot summers don't feel that awful on us in the house. I mean, we don't feel like we're cooking, because we're used to it.

It's hilarious to see our family and friends come over and sweat like they're in a sauna! :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ok that didnt work at all. its like The Big Man knew..

oh well.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hey you guys! I finally have a minute to myself so I can join in on the 4th grade boy fun. :p

I've been stretching fence all day for the pig. :rolleyes:

I never turn on the heat. I only lite a fire in the evenings when it is time for showers etc. I hate heat...I am still recovering from my TX years.

Give me a blanket and a warm, lap kitty and I'm happy.